Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spoiled three week old?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I have never thought and still don't believe it's possible to spoil a newborn but I'm completely lost as to whats going on...
I had DS almost 3 weeks ago and he has grown increasingly dependent on me holding him and rocking him to sleep. Then he doesn't sleep good once i put him down. Like I said, I dont believe in here beig such a thing as spoiling a newborn so this would be no biggie... but I have a 3 year old who is feeling neglected. I make sure to spend special time with her when DH gets home but that's for only about 30 min by time he gets home.
How did you mommas cope with this situation?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Some babies are just born needier than others. Mine's 9 now....lol a sling style carrier was my saving grace. ;)
seaformee
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Newborns are programmed for human contact. Baby wearing was how I got around that!
MrsRA
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Engage your 3yo in helping to care for the baby. Then the two of you are doing something together and it maks the 3 yo feel needed and a part of the new baby's life. Also try those sling things,where you wear the baby, so you can wear the baby while you do things with the 3 yo. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:31 PM
It is impossible for a newborn to be spoiled. Get the three year old involved in the care of the baby.
MommaTurbo
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Look into wrapping the baby! Keeps them close and comforted, but you have your hands free to do other things! 

Barlowgirl125
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I agree with the previous posters. Some sort of newborn carrier will help a lot. I put my 1 month old in my moby and took my 9 year old BIL to the park. I was able to swing and run around with him. It was easy, you should be able to do that too. Just find one that doesn't hurt your back.

Also, if you're nursing, you could nurse in football hold and have your older one cuddle up on the couch and do things like read or watch her favorite show with her.
mommaofALT
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Moby wrap. I would put my daughter in the wrap and go about my day with my other children. At night- because she was held so much during the day- she actually wanted her space and slept well. I swear my daughter lived in the moby for her first 3 months of life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:35 PM
My dd was like that. Now she is 2 and is very dependent on her self except for putting her clothes on using the potty

But my 2 month old has his days where he wants to be clingly where if I put him in his swing wide awake and I leave the room for a second he freaks out. I ha e to be on a place where he can see me. I refuse to baby wear him at home. Last night I didn't put him in his crib like I have been doing. We both get the same amount of sleep. But sometimes when ds doesn't want me to put him down dd freaks out and wants me to play with her. But I have to tell hr to go play and let mommy get brother to sleep
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Get a wrap or a sling. This is perfectly normal newborn behavior.
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:37 PM

My kids are pretty close in age, 16 months apart, and baby-wearing is my saving grace.  My 3 month old is fussy lately because he's going through a growth spurt and wearing him around allowes me to still get things done around the house and interact with my 19 month old.  Also getting the older child involved in baby-care helped a bunch.  My daughter is too little to do a lot but will give baby his "b" when he cries or help give baby a bath by washing his head or bring me diapers or wipes and things like that.  Having her help cuts down on some of the jealousy I think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)