Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Refusing to meet her birth mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
my cousin was adopted at birth and recently turned 25. since she was 22, her birth mother has been trying to track her down. she left her a facebook message and request and my cousin denied the friend request and said in the message no thanks, she has no desire to speak to her or get to know her. het birth mom said she was forced to give her up for adoption after she was raped at 14, she tried to fight it for years but she lost her.

since then she's sent my cousin letters, called her and tried to add her on Facebook again and again. my aunt and uncle have encouraged her to meet her but she just says she doesn't want to. since she last called, she had a lawyer send her a letter saying she'd press charges for harassment if she contacted them again

what do you think? to me it's such a sad situation
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emycf
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:53 PM
5 moms liked this
I think the woman needs to respect her wishes and leave her alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Well, it is her choice. That's a sad situation. If it were mr I probably would meet her, but everyone handles things differently.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:54 PM
BM needs to leave her be, the woman doesn't want to meet her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:54 PM
This.

Quoting Emycf: I think the woman needs to respect her wishes and leave her alone.
veryscared12-4
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:55 PM
She needs to respect her wishes. It's HER choice. Honestly, if I was the product of rape I wouldn't want to get to know her either.
seaformee
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Her daughter does not want to meet her, and that's that. She may in the future, but not now.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:56 PM

It sounds like a sad situation the BM was in, however she shouldn't be pushing like that. Your cousin has no desire to meet her and shouldn't be forced to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this

One more reason adoption is a bad choice most of the time.

summer_Lynn
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I mean it is her life so if she really doesn't want to meet her then that's all to it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Has she said why she doesn't want to meet her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)