Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you're over 200 lbs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
Are you happy with your body?
I'm 5'2" and hate the way I look. I've lost 17 lbs.. and can't see any difference. Now I'm at 192lbs.
Anyone know how to keep the motivation up?
This self hate is not okay.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StoicLife
by Katerina on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I'm 5'2 and 99 lbs and need to start gaining weight because I'm pregnant.  I don't hate my body.  I'm petite and always have been.  The best advice I can give is to fill your home with healthy foods and exercise.  We rarely have junk in our home so it forces on to eat healthy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:15 PM

5'2 and 200lbs yes i hate myself.

Sydel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm  plus size. I want to get healthy. Not skinny but healthy. I dont' hate my body. I can look at myself naked in the mirror and do a dance. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to look in the mirror and cry or be unhappy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Motivating myself to lose weight is the most difficult struggle I've faced. I quit smoking a pack and a half a day cold turkey and would go through that ten times rather than try I lose weight. The way I stay motivated is to look at myself for about ten minutes in the mirror and see all the things that would change with weight loss. No more double chin, no more gut, etc.
hateaway
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:15 PM
I'm in the same boat except I'm 5"7.

Its really hard. I stay motivated once I start seeing changes. If you have extra money I'd suggest going to curves or a gym if you don't have one. I weighed a lot less working at curves.. Their is also a diet plan you can do there.
needanswers2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:16 PM

250. I hate it!! I was 260. Slowly getting it down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I'm 5'9" . Pre pregnancy i was 230, I'm in the 240s now... My ideal weight would be in the 160s-170s without looking like a stick figure.

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this
5'1 and I weigh 210. I do hate it. Especially because I was 165 as a teen, and lost 50 pounds. So I know for a fact that I can do it, I just have no motivation or what not to.

I'm trying to think about the "new year, new me" bullshit ):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 5'8" and 258, totally hate it!!!!!!  

I just joined Sparkpeople.com and I'm really motivated by the stories, blogs and articles on the site.  They have food trackers, excercise trackers and tons of recipes.  It's free.

Right now, my kids are my motivations.  I want to be able to keep up with them and teach them how to be healthy and happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Damn, someone can't read. I am tall and over 200, not happy with my body at all.
Sometimes, pictures are a good motivation. I'm having trouble with motivation myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)