Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

frizz and poof

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
Ah! I'm so tired of my hair :( it used to be super easy to manage and wasn't frizzy or "poofy" or sometimes wavy til after baby#2. Now I wear my hair up almost all the time because I hate dealing with it, I got my hair done recently and it wasn't poofy, frizzy, etc after and felt amazing.. Til I washed it again. I forgot to ask her for recommendations on what to use, and I've tried so many products that did nothing to help.
I wanted to invest in a good straightener since mines crappy and old but don't have much to put towards one.
Any suggestions to tame the craziness? I usually don't have a lot of time to put into my hair so something not too time consuming would be great.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Potion 9 by Sebastian. It's the only thing I've found that works.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
John Frieda Frizz-ease products and the Chi straightening iron works well for me.
holyhoola
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:56 PM
GetWen.com/gift it's $30 worth of awesomeness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I bought an expensive straightener...bio something?  It was either $150 or $200...can't remember.  Best. Investment. Ever.  My hair is so much smoother and it doesn't fry my hair.  I also use a heat spray that helps my hair to not get fried.  Been doing it for two years and my hair is so much healthier...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Treseme mousse for curly hair......big bottle 5 at almost...only thing I have found to work
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I use frizz ease as well. I have wavy hair that gets really poofy and feels like a bad poodle do if I don't attempt to do something with it.

I would recommend investing in a good straightener and always use a heat protectant. Sometimes if I don't feel like straightening my hair I will use my John frieda blow dryer brush and that helps a lot too. I have fairly long color treated hair and it only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. I have also tried the treseme 7 day keratin smooth line and that helps too.

Best of luck!
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Ouidad products are awesome for curly hair.  I can't advise as to straightening products as I refuse to straighten mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:17 PM
I've never heard of it, where can you get it?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Potion 9 by Sebastian. It's the only thing I've found that works.
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I use pretty much any old drugstore curl cream and blow dry with a diffuser. It doesn't take me long - 1 min to work the product in and form curls with my fingers here and there - 2 min to blow nearly dry. I let the air finish the rest and then later when it's really dry I scrunch the curls to give it some body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)