Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question For Tax Professionals: Is This A Thing?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:56 PM
  • 13 Replies
I am an Office Manager (includes heavy admin) for a wealth management firm; i was thinking of putting a few resumes out as a part time clerk or admin for independent tax professional offices, strictly temporary. Would be looking for evenings and weekends.

Can anyone tell me if there would be a market for that? If so, any advice on the best way to go about it?
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheYesMom
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Bump
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Probably seasonal positions.
annezeiler
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Call a temp agency.  They've always worked for me.

TheYesMom
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Thank you for your reply; i just wanted to run it by someone before putting in the effort. Id hate to walk in to the 1st place and have them look at me like I'm crazy lol

Quoting caustinb: Probably seasonal positions.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:13 PM
They will be seasonal, not great pay, and your hours will be strange. But it's a good way to get your foot in the door. Just start sending resumes to CPAs and see what kind of response you get. Places like Jackson Hewitt are not good to work for.
TheYesMom
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:13 PM
That is a great idea, thank you!

Quoting annezeiler:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:15 PM
I worked for an accounting firm and we hired people part time and they picked their own hours. We also hired teens to do file and copy work.
TheYesMom
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Seasonal and off - hours are actually preferred, and I'm expecting base pay for admin in this area; just hoping for a couple of extra dollars and an opportunity to network. Im not interested in switching industries, im happy where i am :)

Quoting quickbooksworm: They will be seasonal, not great pay, and your hours will be strange. But it's a good way to get your foot in the door. Just start sending resumes to CPAs and see what kind of response you get. Places like Jackson Hewitt are not good to work for.
Arwyn724
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:17 PM

H & R Block always hires for the tax season.  They put you through some classes, not hard with a background like yours.

annezeiler
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Give your resumes to a few different ones, too!  They only get paid by finding you work during the hours/days you want, and you can pick and choose assignments.  I loved working as a temp and always had great results with agencies.  If there's an Abbott in your area, they're the best IMO, but there are many out there.

Quoting TheYesMom: That is a great idea, thank you!
Quoting annezeiler:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)