Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I feel guilty?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

My SO and I are a young couple. We've been together for nearly three years. We have a year old son.

We have our UPS and downs like every couple. Lately has been very good. But just last night, he told me he is going to his dads for New Years. I don't really get along with his dad, and if I went with him over there I would not enjoy myself. Also, me and the baby would have no where to sleep since he doesn't have beds in the extra bedrooms.

My SO and his dad have a very weird relationship. They are absolutely best friends. Which is fine, but he constantly chooses his dad over me. It has been getting tiring. So last night when he told me that he wouldn't be home, I decided that for the first time since before I got pregnant, I was going to go out and have fun. I Rarely drink anymore, maybe a glass of wine every once in awhile. I'll be 21 next week, so I can't go to most bars. But my friend invited me to come with her to either her sisters or her other friends house. She's finally moving on from a bad relationship, and would really prefer to go to the friends party.

My SO is always saying he would let me go to bars and clubs and parties by myself. He'd rather not go with me because, and I quote, "A guy will hit on you and I'll get into a fight." I think that's ridiculous, but whatever. So, I finally decided, yes I will go out with my best friend and have a girls night. My SO is putting his dad before our family once again and I'm not going to make myself miserable just to please him tonight. Btw, my gma is babysitting my DS.

SO is getting an attitude now, saying he "expected this." I invited him to come, of course, but he refused. Seeing as one, I would NEVER cheat on him; two, I'm not driving drunk, her moms house is literally two houses down; and three, he's always told me before I Should go do that stuff, and he wouldn't get mad, I don't see the big deal.

Am I in the wrong? I haven't had a girls night in over a year. I'm always taking care of DS, going to bed. I never have time to do anything. And he's making me feel guilty. Omg. I am just so frustrated.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Go have fun.
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:04 PM

No. He sucks. Go have fun and don't say sorry.

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:04 PM

why do you women continue to breed with men so obviously below standards?

ayacocca
by Lioness on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Enjoy, mama. You deserve it.
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:05 PM

what she said. go have a blast.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Go have fun.

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:06 PM
He made his plans without consulting you. There really is nothing for him to be upset about. Go out and have fun.
CotterpinDoozer
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Just go have fun, don't apologize.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Go have fun and don't give a second thought on him. You doing deserve a night away every so often. 

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I'm more worried about his little fucking mind games and controlling behavior
JayTee80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:09 PM

No, you aren't wrong.  He didn't involve you or the baby in his plans to go to his Dad's.  You have the right to make your own plans if you are on your own for the night, and you even invited him to come.  If he refuses to go along and decides to sulk about it, that's on him.  You've done nothing wrong and you deserve a night  with friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)