Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you spending your New Years Eve?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:15 PM
  • 136 Replies
2 moms liked this

When I was a kid my mom and step dad always went to the bar. DH and I stay home with our kids. We get them sparkling grape juice in wine glasses. We have snacks, baby carrots, crackers, cheese, summer sausage, make dip for chips. They stay up late with us watching the NYE TV special and watch the ball drop.

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:17 PM
We spend New Years with the kids every year. We will have a Jenga tournament, play Minecraft and bake cookies. We might have some snacks but, we'll probably have a late dinner instead.
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:18 PM
My BFF is over with her kids. They will have sparkling cider, we have champagne.
.PinkSunshine.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Fresh popcorn, juice, water, and movies with my boys.

Momoftwinkies
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:19 PM
We spend it with our kids and a few close friends at our house.
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:19 PM
We will all be at my sister's for the night they the kidd can stay up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyxdos
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Your night sounds a lot like ours. Everyone at home and safe. Unless the house catches on fire from the Griswold Christmas decorations my husband insists on every year!
LovesBooks07
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I'm not sure what we will do before the TV special. Last year we watched a movie. We did get them some board games for Christmas so we may play one of those. We will let the kids choose.

Quoting SamiJ18: We spend New Years with the kids every year. We will have a Jenga tournament, play Minecraft and bake cookies. We might have some snacks but, we'll probably have a late dinner instead.

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:20 PM
We stay home, watch the ball drop, champagne for us and sparkling cider for the kids. We have my goddaughter tonight as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:20 PM

We are getting Mexican takeout and watching Peabody and Sherman.  Then we'll try to stay up to watch the ball drop but DH and I always fall asleep before the kids do LOL

Otterpuff
by mouse on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:21 PM
This year SO and I are working and dd will be going with her grandma to her cousin's house. Usually, we all just stay home and relax :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)