Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My happy little menu post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

nachos w/ refried beans

salt free tortilla chip (with fresh lime squeezed on them), homemade refried beans, diced tomato, green onion, white cheese, sour cream and salsa.

spinach and onion crustless quiche with salad

Salad made with spinach, green onions, raw button mushrooms, shaved carrot and raspberry dressing

pasta with tomato cream sauce and cesar salad.

pasta is a mixed of leftover bowties, rotini, penne and armidillo shells. Salad made with croutons and parmesan cheese. Recipe for sauce here.

grilled pesto chicken, rosemary roasted potato and veggies

Chicken breasts marinaded all day in pesto then grilled.  Recipe for roasted potatoes here.  I have a whackload of frozen veggies piling up in the freezer, time to use them up.

quesadillas corn and blackbean with salad

Tortillas with white cheese, thawed frozen corn and black beans folded over and grilled.  Sour cream and salsa on the side with a salad kit (knowing my kid he'll pick bbq ranch, again).

Probably not the most inspired menu.  I've been slipping.  My blood pressure has climbed back up, I've been struggling a bit with motivation and I gained 3lbs back.  I just seem to draw a blank lately when I sit down to make a menu.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.miller89
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:41 PM
I've just started actually planning out meals and looking for recipes so we'll eat something not boxed. This is so helpful to me even if you don't think it's very inspired. =)
Foolynroo2
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:43 PM

We were going to have bbq ribs tonigt but the ribs were rancid when I pulled them out.

So Im down to no dinner tonight - and I lost my lunch over the smell.

yay

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I make a post every week, if you search catcameback, you can find them.  There is very little packaged foods, however, there is also very little meat (if you like meat)

Quoting mrs.miller89: I've just started actually planning out meals and looking for recipes so we'll eat something not boxed. This is so helpful to me even if you don't think it's very inspired. =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:45 PM

ew!  How long was it in the fridge?

Quoting Foolynroo2:

We were going to have bbq ribs tonigt but the ribs were rancid when I pulled them out.

yay

poohbearkfc
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:48 PM
That salad looks so good. we do a lot of salad here. Going to try that one.
Foolynroo2
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:50 PM

2.5 days. wasn't that.

There were two packs one was fine the other was rancid as fuck.

but I had pulled on out and put it i n the dish with the first before I smelled it... so the whole thing is tainted and now in the garbage.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Foolynroo2:

yay

mrs.miller89
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Awesome! I will search them out when I'm not mobile.

I do love meat, but it does get expensive too.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I make a post every week, if you search catcameback, you can find them.  There is very little packaged foods, however, there is also very little meat (if you like meat)

Quoting mrs.miller89: I've just started actually planning out meals and looking for recipes so we'll eat something not boxed. This is so helpful to me even if you don't think it's very inspired. =)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:53 PM

That sucks :(

I've had that happen before.  I bought chicken that smelled weird, it was deforsted that day, didn't spend more than 24hours in the fridge.

It must have gone bad at the store. Disappointing, and expensive, ribs are pricey aren't they? 

Quoting Foolynroo2:

2.5 days. wasn't that.

There were two packs one was fine the other was rancid as fuck.

but I had pulled on out and put it i n the dish with the first before I smelled it... so the whole thing is tainted and now in the garbage.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Foolynroo2:

yay

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Good luck, I find pinterest helpful, you can find a lot of recipes and tips there.

Quoting mrs.miller89: Awesome! I will search them out when I'm not mobile. I do love meat, but it does get expensive too.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Why do you post Anon now?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)