Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish my husband wouldstop talking...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I had company the other day, he was at work, but he got home before they left and decided to invite them over for a NYE party. They called late last night and wanted to know what time, what I was serving (they have a son with allergies), and if I wanted them to bring any thing. Crap, they took him seriously.

So now, I'm cleaning, hiding toys I'd rather not be broken (there will be 4 extra kids here), and prepping food. I've had to drag my kids plus 2 I'm sitting because school is out to a crowded store for plastic cups, plates, silverware, and junk food because that is stuff I never keep at home. All while his happy butt is sitting in his "had one customer all day, getting paid to play games" office.

I'd beat him blue if I didn't love him.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Yeah that sucks. That sounds like something my dad would do lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:17 PM
I don't want my friends to think I don't want them here (why I'm anon, lol), but I also had to buy a ton of crap because, well......who else has he invited?? ugh

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah that sucks. That sounds like something my dad would do lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Im
Pretty sure he did it to be nice though and probally didnt realize it would be so much work for you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't want my friends to think I don't want them here (why I'm anon, lol), but I also had to buy a ton of crap because, well......who else has he invited?? ugh

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yeah that sucks. That sounds like something my dad would do lol
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Lol! Sounds like something SO would pull. Good luck on your party! :)

redskinsfan72
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Yeah mine would do that too.

Only I would speak up and say Nope if I didn't want company. I'm not running myself ragged for some and he made lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Oh he knows, but he probably just wasn't thinking....

Quoting Anonymous 2: Im
Pretty sure he did it to be nice though and probally didnt realize it would be so much work for you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't want my friends to think I don't want them here (why I'm anon, lol), but I also had to buy a ton of crap because, well......who else has he invited?? ugh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:23 PM
I'm so hoping it's just my friend and her family. If it is, it'll be less like a party and more like normal. But knowing him, there will be more people here than I have chairs for.

Quoting KyBugsMommy815:

Lol! Sounds like something SO would pull. Good luck on your party! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:24 PM
It's not that I mind them here, it's just that I have no clue if they're the only people he's invited.

Quoting redskinsfan72: Yeah mine would do that too.

Only I would speak up and say Nope if I didn't want company. I'm not running myself ragged for some and he made lol
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:25 PM

my husband would've been helping me to set up the house and would do the grocery shopping so I wouldnt have to worry about it. Why isnt your husband helping you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:26 PM
He's at work.....

Quoting SitaStJames:

my husband would've been helping me to set up the house and would do the grocery shopping so I wouldnt have to worry about it. Why isnt your husband helping you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)