Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate dealing with my dh when he's sick!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

So my dh calls me from work like he usually does on his lunch hour. He tells me he isn't feeling well because his head is all stuffed up blah blah fucking blah. I just know he is going to come him acting like he has Ebola or something and I am going to have to listen to him whine and bitch for the next several days about the sniffles. I swear it's not that bad. I get nasty colds all the time and just take Dayquil and be done with it. My dh hardly ever notices when I'm sick because I don't say anything. I just get so frustrated when he is sick because I remember when I was very ill with morning sickness during my pregnancies and he would get angry and frustrated that he had to help me around the house and how I couldn't get out of bed without wanting to puke. A little cold is nothing just stfu!! Sorry vent over. Bash if you want.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaseyrose21
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:46 PM
3 moms liked this

No bashing here! Man flu is the WORST!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Lol. I totally get it. I was pretty sick this week and after work felt bad enough to go to the doc. Turns out I have a double ear infection, bronchitis and a sinus infection. I'd been taking care of everyone else with the sniffles in my house including dh and it turns out I was sicker than everyone. I came home with antibiotics, cough meds with codine and industrial strength sinus meds the doc thought I needed as well.

Dh commented that I very well might die at home some day because I keep going even when sick. But does he take over kids and house duty and let me rest, nope. He did go pick up dinner but after that it was business as usual.

salvatoregirl24
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I am dealing with the same shit now. He is going to a doctor tommorow.

cbk_mom3
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I can so totally relate! My DH can go from one little tiny sniffle to full blown Bubonic Plague, complete with moans of agony and death rattle in less than an hour! You have my sympathies.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM

You will receive no judgment from me, I've gone through the same thing though after 11 yrs. of marriage he realizes that I am not going to coddle his ass and he's taken it down quite a few notches lol

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I'm not going to bash but I will say this. STOP! You are the master of your own fate. If you're sick, go to your room and close the door. If your husband will leave your children to starve and be dirty then he's not the husband you need.

When he is sick, don't take care of him. If he stays home from work sick. Leave kids and go out to grocery store or whatever. He can be only so what you let him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almburr
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:38 PM
I'm like whatever. I wasn't feel well either last week. But I sucked it up and gave myself 1 day to be sick. Had stuff to do to get ready for Christmas. He keeps dragging on with it. I just look at him and say go stuck your head outside get those lungs full of fresh air and drink more water. We've got shit to do. Unless you are on your actual deathbed get over it.
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:44 PM

no bashing from me. when dh gets sick with a cold i just telll him suck it up buttercup. if he starts whining just tell him to suck it up and be a man and quit complaining.

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Our daughter got sick yesterday and vomited while putting her in the carseat (we were taking her to the doctor)
I ask him to help clean her up because I was busy getting her stuff ready
Well, he crawls over to the tile floor in front of the door in attempts to puke himself
He says he gets sick cleaning up after people who are sick
I didn't say anything but in my head I was thinking, tough shit, get over it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)