Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Want to help families and I have an idea

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
How about Santa letters to kids from poorer families? For free? Personalized.

It would go something like

Dear Jane,

I hope you are doing good this year. I know you have been a good girl and do all you can to help mommy and daddy.

This year things have been busy at the North Pole. Mrs. Claus is baking cookies, and cleaning. The elves are working on building toys and my reindeer are practicing flying.

I need you to know that you are on the good list. And that you are loved by everyone here. That being said, I want you to know that Christmas is about love, kindness, giving and sharing. We all forget sometimes, and some of us think Christmas is about gifts and presents, and toys.

Jane you have the greatest most amazing gift, you have the love of your mom and dad, you have people who care.

This year I am short on presents. There are so many more kids to make things for. I am going to try to get to everyone's house. Just in case I don't make it to yours, I want you to know you haven't been forgotten, you haven't been bad, and mrs. Claus and I love you.

Please don't be sad if the presents don't get there. Remember how much you are loved and be proud of what a good girl you have been this year.

Love always,
Santa and Mrs. Claus

Now I'm also considering asking for donations of toys, and sending a small toy or book or gift card to each child for free. The letter would be on Christmas stationary, and I would personalize every card for free. We would run all on donations.

Good idea? Or bad idea?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMary
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Bad timing I would say but other than that, sure, why not. I hear about people doing and making those all the time. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:04 PM
I'm so over anything Christmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:06 PM
I just think I would need time to organize and get helpers so a year is a good amount of time to get started
sara82lee
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Mrs. Claus is cleaning?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Okay, I'll be honest.
Kids are not going to give two shits about a stupid letter with excuses about why they didn't get any gifts. They are still going to be sad and disappointed come Christmas Day when they wake up to no presents.
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Stupid.
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Why don't you write a letter to the parents telling them to get their shit together so they can at least buy a few presents for their kids?
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:24 PM

that is a great idea.

who cares if the parents should have planned better/got their shit together/got 12 more jobs/sold their bodies for xmas presents? it's the kids that suffer thinking they must have been bad. cm is the worst place to come with ideas like this. cm hates charity because no one here has ever once fallen on hard times.

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:26 PM
What OP is proposing is not charity, it's excuse making. Telling a kid, "sorry Santa didn't have enough presents for every kid to get one this year" is insulting.

Quoting Mamie_85:

that is a great idea.

who cares if the parents should have planned better/got their shit together/got 12 more jobs/sold their bodies for xmas presents? it's the kids that suffer thinking they must have been bad. cm is the worst place to come with ideas like this. cm hates charity because no one here has ever once fallen on hard times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Exactly what child would buy that excuse? Not a good idea sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)