Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Makeup Subscription?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:13 PM
  • 20 Replies
If you have one which one? SO is getting me one for our 5yr anniversary. I can't decide between birch box, beauty army, and ipsy.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I have used all three and then some others.  They are all good.  Some months are better than others.  You do get what you pay for as for size.  The more expensive boxes have more full sized stuff.  Birchbox seems to be a good price for a nice amount of stuff.

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Ipsy is full sized right? There was this one for $40 a month that I liked but I forgot the name completely.

Quoting ejkdmom:

I have used all three and then some others.  They are all good.  Some months are better than others.  You do get what you pay for as for size.  The more expensive boxes have more full sized stuff.  Birchbox seems to be a good price for a nice amount of stuff.

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM

you spend $40/month on makeup?  I can't even fathom how much must be in your bag.

PatheticExcuse
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:40 PM
I have Ipsy and Boxy Charm. I love them both.

I have also tried Birchbox and Beauty Box 5.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:41 PM
It's a waste of money for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Im too picky for that. I know which brands work well for me and I stick with them. I can't deal with an eyeshadow that creases or a foundation that makes me break out. Let's not even talk about mascara...my eyelashes are nearly non-existent without the proper mascara.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:46 PM

i LOVE ipsy. i'm not a very girly person, so it's fun for me to try things i've never tried before.

i tried signing up for birchbox, but i literally could not. i was yelling at the monitor saying, i'm TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY!!! so i didn't sign up for them lol

ispy's $10 a month, and usually has sample-sized stuff, but often has full-sized things, too. last month, i got an eyelash curler in mine and i ectatic! a month or two ago, i got a brush, a REALLY nice brush, for the eyelid, and it's just gorgeous. you wouldn't think you'd love a makeup brush so much, but there it is.

i eagerly look forward to my bag each month. i recommend ipsy.

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Lol no. I really liked the subscription box that was $40 but spaced on the name. Most of my makeup is Tarte and is from my bday last year. I don't buy makeup often usually.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

you spend $40/month on makeup?  I can't even fathom how much must be in your bag.

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:47 PM
I didn't look at boxy charm. How much is that one? Our anniversary is in 2 days, I have a dead line. Lol

Quoting PatheticExcuse: I have Ipsy and Boxy Charm. I love them both.

I have also tried Birchbox and Beauty Box 5.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)