Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much money are you saving at the pump?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
It's costing me about $30 less to fill up.

And what are you doing with the extra savings?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZombieMeat37
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:35 PM
It was at 1.76 today. I'm saving about 30 dollars as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:36 PM
By not paying anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:36 PM
I've finally had to stop using $20's! Im tired of going back in for change lol. I tried paying with a $20 when the gas light came on and it was still too much :)
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I just downsized from my suv so I was soooo happy when it only took $30 to fill instead of 85+
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Saving a whopping $20 a month on gas. I'd rather pay the $20 than have DH lose his job, but whatever.
Not doing anything with the extra money. Putting everything we can into savings now in case he gets laid off. That's it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:43 PM

PA passed a law last year that increases the cost of gas by 10 cents per gallon beginning January 1, 2015, so as of tomorrow morning, my local gas station will be selling gas for $2.78/gallon. To fill my tank will cost about $40 at that price, which is still better than the $50-60 it was costing me.

Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Well it's only costing us about $23.00 to fill up hubbys car now instead of almost $40. We are putting the extra into savings so we can take day trips come spring and summer.
We pay $2.39 a gallon here for gas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Oh, I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Saving a whopping $20 a month on gas. I'd rather pay the $20 than have DH lose his job, but whatever.
Not doing anything with the extra money. Putting everything we can into savings now in case he gets laid off. That's it
ilovecandy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Hmm.....I haven't really did the math upon filling up, I do know however I am saving about 1.60 per gallon with every fill up. Its been awesome to be able to apply that extra money for once towards something else we need

Anonaly
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Same here. It sucks

Quoting Anonymous 4: Saving a whopping $20 a month on gas. I'd rather pay the $20 than have DH lose his job, but whatever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)