Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's wrong with mobile homes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

I think they can be a good investment if you're in the right area..

My aunt bought one for a few thousand dollars, including a lot.   The trailer was actually free, she just paid the money for the land..  She saved up for years because she ha no rent or mortgage, and now she rents the mobile home.

I am considering doing this now.  I originally was going to save for a down payment on a house .  But, I've been seeing so many deals on mobile homes here.  I could buy one cash, save, and then buy house in cash later.  Or have a sizable down payment, and pay off a bit of our mortgage with rental income.  I understand not entertaining that idea if you live in tornado alley, or something like that.  I also understand if they are just not for you.  But, why in the world do people act like it's such a disgusting thing?  I've  been in some that are nicer than most houses..  It's also nice thinking it would be there  as an emergency house if something hit the fan later on..  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:55 PM
I grew up in one on a few acres of land. I would rather be living there than in a house or apartment in the city.
morgiefae
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:58 PM

i'm in tornado alley... (KS) and as long as i have a storm celler I wouldn't have a problem with that. a good trailer, well mainatined are nice homes, idc what other people say. 

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:58 PM

People like that refuse to BELIEVE they CAN be just as nice to live in as a house but all places including houses, apartments and trailers can be shitty and disgusting. And those same people refuse to believe trailers can be nice to live in because it makes them feel superior that they don't live in one as long as they believe they are trashy.

And then you have the ones that just prefer to live elsewhere or just don't give a damn.

To each their own. No skin off my ass either way :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:59 PM
I have one. I love it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:00 PM
We live in one. It's completely paid for and it's home. It is small, but that's ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I live in a double wide. It sits on 6.5 acred and all paid for.
SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:01 PM
I lived in a shitty one with my Bio mom for a few years. But it was is crack head hills. Lol my grandparents had a very nice trailer but still in crack head hills. I have never seen a nice/safe trailer park.
xoxlpkrxox
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:03 PM

We live in one right now. Its not my favorite thing, because I hate bad weather in them. I don't feel safe at all, but besides that they aren't bad. We have a four bedroom, 2 bath, two living rooms, laundry room ... its nice. We just kinda ended up here, but its a nice park in a nice area. We have a community pool, and playground for the kids. It's better than living in an old beat up house, in a crappy neighborhood. 

corpswife523
by Krystal on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:05 PM
They're just not very appealing, at least on the outside.

Some trailers have quite a nice interior.

Depends on the area.
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:07 PM
We live in one. We do not plan on living in it long-term though. It is just our starter home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)