Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What have I gotten myself into?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
So, there was a guy that I met at work. We see each other every once in a while, but we work on the same things, so our electronic paths cross fairly often. We started chatting in our emails, and then moved to text messages, where things have gotten...um....graphic. I had an opportunity to see him again, and the whole time I'm thinking to myself....what was I thinking? I'm not really attracted to him, but idk how to move on from this point. I'm sure plenty of you will say it, so let me save you the time: I shouldn't shit where I eat; this is why it's a bad idea to get involved with co-workers; I'm a terrible, dirty whore.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:20 PM
I would leave it alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM
What, just stop talking to him? I have to be able to work with him.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would leave it alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Lol you're not a terrible dirty whore! Come on now! It's fun to flirt ;)
Just be careful not to hurt him..otherwise have fun. Lighten up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:24 PM
It has been fun to flirt with him.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Lol you're not a terrible dirty whore! Come on now! It's fun to flirt ;)
Just be careful not to hurt him..otherwise have fun. Lighten up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Umm, no. You seemed to had been talking to him just fine before it got to that point. You get back to just talking to him on a professional level. If he starts it again you either don't answer him back and if he can't take a hint you tell him you just want to remain professional with your relationship. When I said "it" I wasn't referring to "him" I was referring to what has developed between you 2 that is not professional.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What, just stop talking to him? I have to be able to work with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Gotcha. I mean, Idk if it would ever get to that personal level (any more than office flirting) because he's married.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Umm, no. You seemed to had been talking to him just fine before it got to that point. You get back to just talking to him on a professional level. If he starts it again you either don't answer him back and if he can't take a hint you tell him you just want to remain professional with your relationship. When I said "it" I wasn't referring to "him" I was referring to what has developed between you 2 that is not professional.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What, just stop talking to him? I have to be able to work with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I did that and people are still calling me a whore two years later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 1, 2015 at 12:43 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)