Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vbac??

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM
  • 54 Replies
Opinions? Experiences? Thoughts?
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cowgirlsmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:26 PM
My vbac attempt almost killed me. If you attempt it do your research, make sure your doctor is following all the vbac rules do they don't put you at risk, make sure your husband knows everything, check that your hospital is vbac friendly.
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:30 PM
How scary

Thank you today we were talking about the risks, what happens if it goes bad...worst case scenarios...all the ins and outs

He said too that if things don't seem to be moving along with my cervix he advises a c section. But he prefers women to have vbacs

Quoting cowgirlsmommy: My vbac attempt almost killed me. If you attempt it do your research, make sure your doctor is following all the vbac rules do they don't put you at risk, make sure your husband knows everything, check that your hospital is vbac friendly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:31 PM
What is that?
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Vaginal after c section

Quoting Anonymous 1: What is that?
Bieg9093
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I read a post the other day from a mom who is planning to attempt a vba2c and how a nurse in her OBGYN's office was shocked and was trying to talk her out of it.

And her comment that stuck with me...it was something along the lines of "instead of respecting me for not taking the easy way..."  To me, when it comes to matters of my health as the mother of my children, I will ALWAYS choose "the easy way". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Mamajustice92: Vaginal after c section

Quoting Anonymous 1: What is that?
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:35 PM
I tried. I did everything they say to start labor, and a few weird ones. Red raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, fresh pineapple, bouncing on a labor ball, nipple stimulation, walking, sex, chocolate labor cake, having my membranes stripped, and a bromelein supplement. I went to 41 weeks and had to have a scheduled csection.

At that point I knew I had tried everything so I wasn't disappointed. Do your research and talk to your OB about their policies.

Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I had 3 csections ( young and not educated enough) my last 3 were born at home unassisted. Learn to trust your body, work through your fears before labor and look into hypnobirthing. You can do it! O and if your going to vbac in a hospital I suggest having a doula :)
d_k_w
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I had two, they went great. The healing was so much easier than a c-section.

Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Thank you! I was thinking maybe if I didn't go into labor on my own I'd just say hey let's have a c section. But something in me really wants to try this

Quoting ame85: I tried. I did everything they say to start labor, and a few weird ones. Red raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, fresh pineapple, bouncing on a labor ball, nipple stimulation, walking, sex, chocolate labor cake, having my membranes stripped, and a bromelein supplement. I went to 41 weeks and had to have a scheduled csection.

At that point I knew I had tried everything so I wasn't disappointed. Do your research and talk to your OB about their policies.

Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)