Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Married to a corpse

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:39 PM
  • 56 Replies
Is anyone else married to a SUPER heavy sleeper? Like, NOTHING wakes them up? NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL WILL WAKE THEM.

My husband can sleep through anything. Here's an example.

I fell in the shower. I couldn't get up because I hurt my ankle. I'm going to get it checked out tomorrow. I don't think its broken bc its not really swollen but I can't stand on it bc it just kinda gives out. I don't mind pain and can muscle through just about anything but like, I couldn't stand on this.

So I'm yelling for DH and nothing. I yell for so long and I'm so loud that the person we share a wall with-our bathroom walls are shared can hear me and she yells through the wall "Are you okay?" So I'm like "I fell and I don't think my husband can hear me." She gets his cell number so she can call him-no answer. She then walks around to our house and bangs on the door-the dogs are going crazy yapping, the cats are racing around...and he just sleeps through it on the couch. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK. She's banging on the window too...and he just sleeps through it. He doesn't even move.

So she comes back around to her bathroom and by this time I'm kinda just crawling out of the tub but its hard because I'm pregnant and have a huge fucking person in side of me. She offers to call an ambulance but uh, no. I don't need paramedics to see me naked in the bathroom. So she offers to try to climb into my window...but no. I've finally gotten out of the tub and I get downstairs and literally SHAKE my husband violently and I'm like WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? HOW DO YOU SLEEP THROUGH ALL OF THIS?!

And he opens one eye and is like "Sleep through what?" I tell him and he's just like "Oh. I didn't hear anything."

WHAT THE FUCK. He better fucking sleep in the same room with that baby and have her right next to him otherwise I'm never leaving them alone together in the house. I used to say he'd wake up but I seriously don't know at this point.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Yes my DH is the same. He's slept through hurricane force winds and earthquakes. He also says evil, but random things when you try to wake up and has no recollection of it the next day. He only wakes up for his alarm for work (but has to set 5 of them) I guess the thought of being considered AWOL is enough to scare him awake.

ETA: I have weak ankles and roll then a lot. If there isn't much bruising or swelling it's probably ok. If there is bruising it may be sprained.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:44 PM

How do you fall in the shower?

Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:46 PM

My husband falls asleep the second his head hits the pillow--and stays that way--then we brought our 1 day old son home.  Isaac was evicted from teh room at 3 weeks old by his father because "he couldn't sleep because Isaac was so noisy"  yet ask me if he hears him on the monitor even now!  It's a man thing.

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Really??

Quoting Rangermom772:

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:47 PM
My husband won't make any sense when he wakes up. He doesn't say anything nasty but he'll like get really annoyed bc I guess he thinks hes been answering me.

he was sleeping earlier today after he got home from work and I was like "Do you want me to make something to eat or do you want to go out?"

I had to know bc the stuff I was going to make needed to cook in the crockpot and we were going to go out.

No answer. Nothing. I poked him. I shook him, nothing. Finally he looks at me all annoyed and is like "Just order whatever you want to order from the place."

WHAT PLACE?! omg. Its like one of the most frustrating things he does.

He will also sleep through multiple alarms. Luckily, he can really go into work whenever he wants. I've stopped waking him up bc it just pisses me off.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes my DH is the same. He's slept through hurricane force winds and earthquakes. He also says evil, but random things when you try to wake up and has no recollection of it the next day. He only wakes up for his alarm for work (but has to set 5 of them) I guess the thought of being considered AWOL is enough to scare him awake.

ETA: I have weak ankles and roll then a lot. If there isn't much bruising or swelling it's probably ok. If there is bruising it may be sprained.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I had showered for 43 years without falling. Nor had I met anyone who has fallen in the shower. You just stand there.

Quoting momtolittleg: Really??
Quoting Rangermom772:

MsJoa
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Falling in the shower is quite common. You know, with the water making surfaces slippery and all.

Quoting Rangermom772:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Happens every day. Slip on the wet tub.

Quoting Rangermom772:

Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:49 PM

That is why they use non slip tile in showers. Or people use a rubber mat.

Quoting MsJoa: Falling in the shower is quite common. You know, with the water making surfaces slippery and all.
Quoting Rangermom772:

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Uh. I was going to get out and I didn't get my leg up. My bathtub is really deep. They redid it in October and for some reason the walls are really high.

I have RA and have been pretty stiff and I'm also pregnant.

Quoting Rangermom772:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)