Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy question/help TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I am 38 weeks pregnant with my first. This will be TMI but i am seeing if this is normal. I was getting into the shower and i looked in the mirror at my huge belly to notice stringy discharge coming out of me. It was a lot and it was thick and white looking. 

Is that normal or should i call my doctor?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:10 PM
It's your mucous plug. It's what protects bacteria from entering the cervix. You lose it before labor. There may be blood in it too.
You're VERY CLOSE
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:10 PM
It's probably your mucos plug starting to come out. If it ends up slightly pink or blood tinged it's called "bloody show" and normally occurs prior to labor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Quoting TheRingmaster: It's your mucous plug. It's what protects bacteria from entering the cervix. You lose it before labor. There may be blood in it too. You're VERY CLOSE

There was a couple drops of blood. I freaked but didnt want to sound dumb to my doctor. Thank you. Wou,d it be days hours or weeks

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Totally normal. People will usually start losing their mucous plug a few week before delivering. You're in the long stretch!

PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I'm guessing your mucus plug.  DS came early.  I had no warning before my water breaking.  Baby is coming soon.  Happy New Year to you!

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM
There's no telling. But you're in the end zone!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting TheRingmaster: It's your mucous plug. It's what protects bacteria from entering the cervix. You lose it before labor. There may be blood in it too.
You're VERY CLOSE

There was a couple drops of blood. I freaked but didnt want to sound dumb to my doctor. Thank you. Wou,d it be days hours or weeks

tddncw2010
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM

it can regenerate itself. Mine started falling out at 24 weeks and I didn't have my son until 39 weeks. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting TheRingmaster: It's your mucous plug. It's what protects bacteria from entering the cervix. You lose it before labor. There may be blood in it too. You're VERY CLOSE

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AngelSinger: There's no telling. But you're in the end zone!
Quoting Anonymous 1:

So excited to meet this baby

TheRingmaster
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:15 PM
No telling. But if there's a decent amount of blood you're in bloody show. Likely within 48 hours. But it could be more.
With my last (our 6th) I lost my mucous plug from 28 weeks on it regenerates.
Lol
You're just close. Look out for contractions, nausea, and diarrhea. All signs of labor

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting TheRingmaster: It's your mucous plug. It's what protects bacteria from entering the cervix. You lose it before labor. There may be blood in it too.
You're VERY CLOSE

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Quoting TheRingmaster: No telling. But if there's a decent amount of blood you're in bloody show. Likely within 48 hours. But it could be more. With my last (our 6th) I lost my mucous plug from 28 weeks on it regenerates. Lol You're just close. Look out for contractions, nausea, and diarrhea. All signs of labor
Quoting Anonymous 1:

I was sick feeling today i just thought it was one of those days. I will get my bag ready just incase

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)