Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO nervous!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
On a whim I decided to contact a mortgage agent and ask him what DH and I need to do to set ourselves up to buy a house in the next year or two.

I spoke with the mortgage guy today and gave him all our info. I got his name through a local realtor.

I was told her would probably let me know on Friday and put it out of my mind. I got a message about an hour ago frim the realtor saying that the mortgage guy told her things were looking good for us getting a mortgage loan now! She wanted me to email her back with our criteria so she could send me listings.

I SO didn't expect this. I asked the realtor if he gave her any idea of how much we might be approved for. Apparently he hasn't told her yet and now I won't hear anything till Friday! Ugh!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Good luck! Make sure that you can truly afford what they approve you for. Dh and I could get approved for an insane amount, we don't want to be house poor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Yes this!!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Good luck! Make sure that you can truly afford what they approve you for. Dh and I could get approved for an insane amount, we don't want to be house poor.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Congrats. Looking for homes is fun. We want to move soon and I can't wait to look.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:57 PM
This is definitely a concern! The house we live in now is my moms (she lived in another town) and we pay the mortgage and the bills. I know about how much I want to pay a month so hopefully we can find something otherwise we can just stay and try to save up a little more.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Good luck! Make sure that you can truly afford what they approve you for. Dh and I could get approved for an insane amount, we don't want to be house poor.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Good luck. Are you looking for a bigger house?

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is definitely a concern! The house we live in now is my moms (she lived in another town) and we pay the mortgage and the bills. I know about how much I want to pay a month so hopefully we can find something otherwise we can just stay and try to save up a little more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Not really. We live on a country road with no real neighbors and I hate it. When our house was built it was done quickly so there are lots of electrical issues and plumbing issues we just don't want to deal with. Our house is a 4 bed 2 bath 2100 sq ft ranch. I really want a 2 story with an attached garage. Lol

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is definitely a concern! The house we live in now is my moms (she lived in another town) and we pay the mortgage and the bills. I know about how much I want to pay a month so hopefully we can find something otherwise we can just stay and try to save up a little more.

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Do you have a neighborhood in mind?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Not really. We live on a country road with no real neighbors and I hate it. When our house was built it was done quickly so there are lots of electrical issues and plumbing issues we just don't want to deal with. Our house is a 4 bed 2 bath 2100 sq ft ranch. I really want a 2 story with an attached garage. Lol
Quoting Bluerose1482:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Good lock!!  Just remember in kept in mine your taxes and insurance rates as well as your mortage.  And after you fine out what the bank will approve you for think about your life style. And check out any neigborhoods your think you like at all hours and weather.  We cut out streets and neighborhoods based on what we saw at odd times.  Like street flooding, teens hanging out with music blaring, things like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:55 PM
There is one neighborhood we like definitely. We will be checking more out.

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Not really. We live on a country road with no real neighbors and I hate it. When our house was built it was done quickly so there are lots of electrical issues and plumbing issues we just don't want to deal with. Our house is a 4 bed 2 bath 2100 sq ft ranch. I really want a 2 story with an attached garage. Lol

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope you find some place great.  Living in the right neighborhood is so important.

Quoting Anonymous 1: There is one neighborhood we like definitely. We will be checking more out.
Quoting Bluerose1482:

Quoting Bluerose1482:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)