Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the he**?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
We never see my family because my husbabd ruins every single visit. We have an 8 month old who has never met them before because... DH ruins every single visit. So I've stopped seeing them. It sucks.

Well I asked DH if he wanted to take the kids on a trip. I was thinking indoor water park.

DH suggested we visit my family. I told him I didn't want to go if he wasn't going to have a good time. So no hurt feelings if he didn't want to go I was just as happy not.

He said he'd let the kids decide. Of course they wanted to go. So here we go.

First he starts complaining that road 1 is taking too long on the drive. Then he's complaining that another road is taking too long. I mean, so bad the kids started to get upset.

Then we get there and it's complaining that they didn't make us dinner.

Then on the car ride to our hotel he yells at me because I "won't make a decision" about dinner. But I was scared that if I chose hed be mad.

Then he yells at me because it took too long getting pizza from little Cesar's.

Then finally we get to the hotel and I get the kids in while he gets the bags. His plan. The baby is screaming in the lobby so I put the kids in the room, lock them in, and go to meet DH in the lobby (thankfully you could see our room from the main desk.). And DH makes some comment about how I just can't wait for him.

So I snapped "I guess I can't do anything right."

Then he's like "oh so I see how it is. I came all the way down here for your butt and now that your butt has what it wants!!! That's it I'm taking the kids and leaving you here tomorrow. You can just stay here."

Fuck.

Fuck fuck fuck.

I wish he would leave. God I do.

Happy fucking anniversary.

I always regret it when we see my family. i haven't enjoyed being with them in 6 years because he does this every fucking time.

Sorry for the language.

Now he's sleeping in one of the kids beds ignoring me trying to hurt me more.

ITs not worth this. It's not. I never want to come back.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Since this is a pattern, visit them yourself so you can enjoy yourself. Don't allow him to have you either not see your family or have a miserable time, he doesn't deserve that much control. 

PrincessPizza
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:52 PM
That whole situation is abusive. You should leave. I'm sorry
Del672
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you drive?  If so, why can't you visit your family without him?  Sounds like he was baiting you for a fight as soon as you all got on the road.  How long have you been married to this gem?

MsJoa
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Your DH sounds like a little bitch. Sorry. :-/
loquacious
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM
He's an ass. Is he always like this? Or just when you visit your family?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I would have hell to pay when I got home if I tried. every time he walked the dog or cooked himself a mean he's be mad I wasn't there to do it for him.

Quoting Del672:

Do you drive?  If so, why can't you visit your family without him?  Sounds like he was baiting you for a fight as soon as you all got on the road.  How long have you been married to this gem?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Ihes always a challenge to get along with. But it is 10x worse when we see my family. I guess because he hates doing things "for me."

Quoting loquacious: He's an ass. Is he always like this? Or just when you visit your family?
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Next time take the kids to visit without him.  And then stay.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:57 PM

What the hell is his problem??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I guess it makes him mad when he has to do things "for me."

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

What the hell is his problem??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)