Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I haven't posted in FOR-EV-ER!

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:12 PM
  • 71 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ha. I've been on hiatus from CM but I've returned for who knows how long. I'm sure most of you now don't know who I am.

I just wanted to say "hello" and I hope everyone is having a good New Years Eve.

For those who remember me here is a quick update of all that has happened since I last posted in July!

1. I graduated the EMS Academy with a 4.0; which I was the only person in the program history to graduate with a 4.0. Yay me!

2. I graduated with Honors for my Paramedicine degree. Yay again.

3. I recieved my legal license to practice as a Paramedic.

4. I have a boyfriend who is super adorable and super sweet.

5. I start my first job as a Paramedic on Monday.

6. My son continues to be the best kiddo ever. :))

7. I have been admitted one other time for an abscess on my face.

8. Found out the reason why I keep getting the abscesses. Apparently, I have a genetic condition that popped up later in life. It's called "Chronic Granulomatous Disease". I have a low count of a specific white blood cell called, neutrophils.

Sometimes the disease will go away by itself and remain dormant again and sometimes it gets worse.

I'm currently on long-term antibiotics and giving myself injections 3 times a week with something called Interferon Gamma. It makes so super sick but I haven't had an abscess on my face since October and just had my first random abscess show up on my back last week but it was very mild. Things have improved a little at this time.

The other options for me if the shots don't work is either a bone marrow transplant or stem cell transplant. Neither of which I want.

So, other than that.....................that's all that's been going on with me.

How has everyone else been? I see CM hasn't changed at all since I left. I'm not sure why I ever thought it would.

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember you. Happy to hear everything is going well. Congrats on graduating and good luck on your new job. (:
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I remember you, welcome back!
Amybelle
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Back

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello
nachobizness
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations and best off luck at your new career!
Fushithedruid
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

i was going to say, Lady where the He** have you been. i missed you!!! glad you found out what was causing Bob to randomly pop up out of no where, at least that's one mystery solved. congrats on the high GPA and getting your paramedic license, woot!!!

still dealing with no job, tho i am finally getting seen by my local mental health, so i should be back to normal soon. kids are doing well, can't wait for oldest to go back to school (two more weeks, ugh).

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:26 PM
I saw your name and was like, please tell me she doesn't have another abscess!!
Glad to hear otherwise! :)
levansbx
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I do remember you. Sound like you're doing well. Welcome back!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Hola.
PlumbersWife344
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:28 PM
What state do u live in??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)