Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miscarriage.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Yes or No?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 5

View Results

My friend had a early miscarriage, I wanted to make her something but I don't want her to cry every time she sees it. Would that be a good idea or should I just leave her be?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danyellimom
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:18 AM
Make her something. Its thoughtful and will let her know you acknowledge her loss. As an angel mommy, it meant the world to me to get aomething as a tangible reminder
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:21 AM
Yes, she will appreciate it. It's difficult sometimes because it's like they never existed. Having a memento is a bittersweet reminder of a little one that was loved yet lost.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:23 AM

Quoting Danyellimom: Make her something. Its thoughtful and will let her know you acknowledge her loss. As an angel mommy, it meant the world to me to get aomething as a tangible reminder

Thanks for the reply, I have a few ideas, I just want her to feel better and I dont know what else to do.sad

JennPearce
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:27 AM

I think it's so sweet you are thinking of her during this difficult time. Yes, go for it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ame85: Yes, she will appreciate it. It's difficult sometimes because it's like they never existed. Having a memento is a bittersweet reminder of a little one that was loved yet lost.

Thanks for replying, I don't even know what to say, but I can create and hopefully that helps her in some small way....

SamanthaSage
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Get her a gift basket. Put a cozy blanket in there, pjs, slippers, a book, chocolate, coupons for whatever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:32 AM
A teddy bear or a blanket would be nice. It's something she can cuddle up to when she is feeling down.
Danyellimom
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Acknowledging it and letting her talk about her feelings without using cliches. http://www.miscarriagesupport.org.nz/helping.html
HelloKritty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM
I had 3 miscarriages and am so grateful to the friends who made an effort to be there for me. A lot of people pulled back because they didn't know how to deal, and it's not what I needed.
mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:38 AM
I can only speak for myself, I said no.
6 pregnancies and 2 living children later, and as thoughtful as it is to do for a friend, if I had a keepsake for every child I lost then I honestly don't think I would have gotten passed it.

Other people are different though and handle these things differently.
Whatever you choose to do though, I'll be sending healing prayer to your friend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)