Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm heartbroken because they got married.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
My ex dh got married this past weekend to the woman he left me for. I can't believe it. I know I shouldn't feel like this but I can't help it. I still love him so much. Any kind words or advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:33 AM
Move on. Hes not wort you time or love. Did he cheat with her.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Just sit back and wait. She'll lose him the same way she got him.

AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM
That really sucks. But he's not worth your time, try to move one :(
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:35 AM
Please do your best to move on. Maybe some counseling is in order.

My husband's grandmother was left by get husband for another woman and married her. It's been almost 40 years and she's still obsessed with it. She won't let any of us post pictures of her on Facebook because he might see them and his current wife looks better than her. She is obsessed with the whole situation.

Good luck.
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:38 AM
4 moms liked this
Don't do this. Waiting and hoping for someone else's misery is just bad karma. Move on. Go find your own happiness. What will be will be.

Quoting csxt99:

Just sit back and wait. She'll lose him the same way she got him.

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Honestly, I would be relieved. I know that sounds weird but I would be. If my dh cheated, then that means that he didn't value our relationship enough to tell me what he was missing. It means that he wasn't invested in his vows to me. It means that he probably lied to me on many occasions. It means that he was being selfish. I would find it freeing if my dh cheated, because then I could let him go more easily. why would I want to stay with a man that had no regard for me or how I felt?

Be happy Hon. He did you a HUGE favor when he left. He is not an honorable man.  

sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:39 AM
I know it's easier than said, but you need to move on. If you keep tormenting yourself about this he truly has won.

I know a tiny pinch of how you might be feeling, very small if you will. But I promise you one day you'll start thinking of him less. Do you have a good support group?
JennPearce
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM

I'm sorry. :( I know it's hard but you have to move on and find your own happiness. You deserve it. Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM
I don't think I need counseling just some more time to heal. That's so sad that she is still so effected by it. Thanks.

Quoting leksismommy: Please do your best to move on. Maybe some counseling is in order.

My husband's grandmother was left by get husband for another woman and married her. It's been almost 40 years and she's still obsessed with it. She won't let any of us post pictures of her on Facebook because he might see them and his current wife looks better than her. She is obsessed with the whole situation.

Good luck.
tapies2324
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM
Start dating again for sure. Your soul mate is out there. He WAS NOT the one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)