Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH hit our 14 month old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Dh was feeding 14 month old ds2 a bowl of chicken and rice. Dh was holding the bowl close to DS2 when he knocked it out of his hand. Dh grabbed ds's hand and smacked it really hard. Ds2 let out a painful loud cry. I was so upset! !! I couldn't believe he hit his hand ... And I couldn't believe he hit his hand that hard! Dh has always had an anger problem .. Lately its been more obvious than ever before. We also have a 3 year old son and if he doesn't listen or does something to piss off DH, DH's automatic response is to yell or smack ds1. It angers me so much. Ive told him over and over again to get a handle on his impulsive tendencies. We got in a huge argument after the recent incident of him smacking ds2 hand. I told him that if he doesn't stop with the hitting and constant yelling, im going to leave and then things will get really ugly from there. He told me that if i left he would get 50/50 custody and there would be nothing I could do about that. Is this true? I would legitimately be worried about my sons if dh had them 50/50 after we divorced. Couldn't I somehow report his aggression towards the boys and get full custody of them? Or at least have a supervisor around while they are with their dad? Dh needs anger management. He wont get help because he thinks he doesn't have a problem. Isn't there a way a judge could order that he takes mandated anger management classes in order to see his sons? Sorry for all the questions. I plan on leaving dh as soon as I save up enough money to do so. Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Over a smack on the hand?

50/50 it is. Enjoy being a singe mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:34 AM
You need to report him if he is truly being abusive.
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:36 AM
Sorry, mama I've never been in that situation. But yes, I think you could definitely make it so he has to have supervised visits and take anger management classes.

I hope he stops being such a ass wipe and opens his eyes and stops this stupid behavior.
star33
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:37 AM
Not likely he would get 50/50 imo. You could definitely ask for supervised visits,but there's no guarantee you'd get them. That's the sucky part. You want to leave,but then you're kids will be alone with him & no-one to protect them.
I feel for you.
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Unless you report him for abuse and document everything, he is right - they aren't just going to assign supervised visitation on your word alone.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

SamanthaSage
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Document everything. Every incident of anger. Everything he says. Try to record stuff with your phone, if possible. Keep a journal. Hugs to you and your little one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:37 AM
You can call CPS but fact is you are living there and you can lose your children too for allowing the abuse to continue for 3yrs. You should've left and made a call.

No documentation of any issues the judge will have no reason to believe you.
sam12796
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Document every single time he yells or hits that is abusive. Tiny spanks on the butt I do not think will be considered abuse but hitting a child that young on the hand that hard is uncalled for. Document everything and then take him to court. He will get visitation yes but you can try to get supervised visits only.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not anti spanking but it sounds like this man is explosive and aggressive so his discipline is probably not discipline.

The constant anger and outbursts is not a healthy living environment.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Over a smack on the hand?

50/50 it is. Enjoy being a singe mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
If I believed my husband was abusive, I would pack up my kids and leave. If I had no friends or family, I would look into women and children's shelter. Call the cops, call CPS, ask them what you can do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)