Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

second night in a row!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
That ds has been awake past midnight. Last night, he was awake until past 2am. Gave me hell when i tried to wake him up this morning.

The entire break, he was asleep by 11 at the latest! In bed at his normal times, bc i vowed this would not happen! And it still fucking happened!

He's 9 years old, never stops talking and with us sharing a room, i can't just close his door. I'm tired, I've been ready for bed since 9pm, but waited until midnight before coming in the room, waiting for him to fall asleep first.

Lordy help me so I don't start screaming and cursing this kid out! I'm tired, cranky and i want sleep!

(Last night I got 3 hours of sleep, dealt with abusive addicts all day and my final straw has long been broken- multiple times)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:48 AM
Tell him to be quiet if hes not there will be punishment.
AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:50 AM
2 moms liked this
One word... benedryl...

Kidding. But he is old enough to be quiet when he's told to be
w8ing4happydays
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:56 AM

I was like that growing up. I would be up all night. At one point, I was up every night til 2 am until friday, when we had mass (catholic school). Passed out during service and spent the next few ours in the clinic. (what we called the nurses' room)

Maybe try melatonin? I know there was another post about this, but it might help.

I know I wish Id taken it when I was growing up, because i would be up til 2am, then wake up again at 7am until my body crashed on weekends. 

andi_pandi
by Andrea on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:01 AM
Fifty milligrams lol

Quoting AppleJaxx: One word... benedryl...

Kidding. But he is old enough to be quiet when he's told to be
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:03 AM
Why are you sharing a room?

That's part of the problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:42 AM
Idt he's capable of being quiet. At this age you'd think he could be but he can't. You can literally see his body trying to contain the words until they just bubble outta him.

(And yea, he does get punished when he gets bad, but i mainly keep that as a school thing. Like why bother being quiet at school if i lost my privileges last night?)

Quoting Anonymous 2: Tell him to be quiet if hes not there will be punishment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:48 AM
I tired melatonin before. I did 5mg, which didn't seem to phase him and since i didn't know much about it, i wasn't sure if it's OK to up it. So instead, i just stopped. We've had this schedule since October, like where his body would actually fall asleep. Idk what happened to make it change, esp since i made sure to keep him on that schedule during the break.

I dunno. Maybe his body/mind was wound up too much? He had school, then 3 hrs of practice- all this after having a complete 2 week break from everything.

The good news is there's no school today. I just don't know if i should let him sleep in, since he fell asleep so late or make him wake up at his regular time and keep him active

Quoting w8ing4happydays:

I was like that growing up. I would be up all night. At one point, I was up every night til 2 am until friday, when we had mass (catholic school). Passed out during service and spent the next few ours in the clinic. (what we called the nurses' room)

Maybe try melatonin? I know there was another post about this, but it might help.

I know I wish Id taken it when I was growing up, because i would be up til 2am, then wake up again at 7am until my body crashed on weekends. 

PoisonEyeV
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:48 AM

I'm also wondering why the two of you share a room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:52 AM
Bc i don't make enough money to live in this school district so we live with my dad and I opted to take the basement, since it's bigger.

Idk why that'd be part of the problem. If he fell asleep on time, like how he used to these last couple of months, it wouldn't be an issue. I could understand if i was in the room, keeping him awake, but he has a solid 3+ hrs, by himself, in the dark, to fall asleep.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Why are you sharing a room?

That's part of the problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:56 AM

Aw, I'm sorry!  Maybe his schedule will reset itself soon.

My oldest daughter has been waking up at 4 and coming into my room.  I just put her in my bed and get up.  I love her very much but she is hard to share a bed with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)