Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you make baby food?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I just got reusable pouches and want to make the baby foods. My dd is 1 year old and eats plenty of table foods and is still breastfed & enjoys the pouches as a snack. Can i use some of the canned pears & peaches i have? How do i prepare differen fruits?...like which do i cook vs just blend? I do have a blender. And which fruit combinations taste best or do your babies like the best?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:38 AM
Get a food processor, I have some crazy thing called a nutribullet.
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:39 AM
There's so many different ways. You can look up recipes online.

I made all my kids' baby food from scratch. I found the best way was to bake or steam the food,
Then purée, then mix with breastmilk to desired consistency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:39 AM
Just play around. Cook down and blend the harder fruits and veggies. A nice fresh ripe pear you could probably mash pretty easily. Same thing with peaches, bananas, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM
I wouldnt use canned, but that just me. I would steam or bake the fruit or veggie, then put it in a blender. Anything with fruit to add that sweetness was well liked by my kids. You can find most of the info online, I'll have to try to find the website I used for baby food cooking and recipes
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM
Anything you eat, put it in the blender and then the pouch.

Pasta with sause and meat?
Pumpkin pie?
Chicken pot pie?
Veggie stir fry?
Thanksgiving dinner?
Pizza?

Just about anything can be blended and sometimes watered down with milk or breast milk.
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
For a one year old just cut the fruit up into bite sized pieces. No need to cook it and canned will work but fresh is obviously more natural. I would not be processing or blending anything for a one year old that I wouldn't also normally eat blended.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Mobile Photo

I got one of these. I loved it
LovlyRita
by Meter Maid on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:43 AM
If you look at the ingredients on the premade pouches most are applesauce, pears, or banana based. Apples and pears are super easy to cook down, just peel and dice then simmer on the stove with a few tablespoons of water until soft. Then mix in the blender until smooth. Look up juicing recipes for ideas on what to add. Maybe a little bit of spinach or kale?
MrsPez
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Smoosh unseasoned adult food
squeekers
by squeekers on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:44 AM
I like single fruits. Just banana or peach or blueberry. I eat them as a grown up because I will have major dental surgery.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)