Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NO MORE!! ETA UPDATE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
5 moms liked this
I am a fat girl: 5'4, 298lbs. Today was day 1 of my new low carb life.

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with kale and cheese
Lunch: Tuna salad in lettuce beds
Dinner: Grilled chicken salad with 2 TBS ranch
Water all day. One diet soda with dinner. Cheddar, meat sticks, pickles and olives for snacks

I have a headache and am seriously craving sweets but fuck that. I looked in the mirror the other day and said "NO MORE!!!!" I refuse to gain one more pound.

That is all. Are any of you ladies struggling with weight loss?

...And yes, I want a cookie! Lol!

ETA: Well girls, day 2 is down with no cheating or slip ups...I even made Mac and cheese (my fave) for my family as a side tonight and it was only hard to resist for a few minutes. No more, no more, NO MORE!!!!! I can't wait for the day I can feel okay in my own skin again! Thank you for your kind words and support. It is so great to have even strangers cheering me on! Much love <3

1/21 Day 16
I didn't get a scale until day 7 but from day 7 til now it's 7 lbs gone! I'm sticking to it, and it's getting easier. I'm less hungry and the sugar cravings are in check. It gets boring but I'll take a salad over being this fat any day. The hardest part is working so hard and not seeing it fall off in a day! Lol but that's not how it works. I'll get there. Someday.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you for starting on the path to a healthful life. Ive come from a naturally petite family. I have toning I want to do but I can't relate to the struggle of someone losing a lot of weight, and to be honest, I'm not sure I'd have the fortitude. It takes a lot of hard work and effort to do what you're doing, and that's very commendable. I'm sure you'll do great! Just keep your eye on the prize. I hope you are successful and get to where you need to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:45 AM
Are you not eating fruits and veggies because you are low carbs?
mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Pass me some willpower. I really need it. Good luck. I'm starting WW next week after I grocery shop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:51 AM
Stick with it. Look into low carb high fat. I lost a lot quickly. I am back on it now and lost a few lbs in a week.

You can do it!

Make it a lifestyle and not a quick fix.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:51 AM
Aww thank you for your kind words! I (and my family) have always been chubby/fat and it is a very hard cycle! I have to do it though. I need to break the cycle for my two girls!

Quoting rfhsure: Good for you for starting on the path to a healthful life. Ive come from a naturally petite family. I have toning I want to do but I can't relate to the struggle of someone losing a lot of weight, and to be honest, I'm not sure I'd have the fortitude. It takes a lot of hard work and effort to do what you're doing, and that's very commendable. I'm sure you'll do great! Just keep your eye on the prize. I hope you are successful and get to where you need to be.
rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:52 AM
Oh and the no/low carb flu sucks! Look it up. Keep broth on hand and it will pass!
hautemama83
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you using a calorie counting app or program?

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Congrats on starting the journey.

Some advice: You are going to have a harder time keeping off whatever weight you lose if you don't cut sugar out completely( refined sugar, not the natural sugars found in fruits.)Diet soda is one of the worst things that you can drink. The artificial sweetener in there is literally a killer, and at BEST, it will hamper your weight loss(yes, even one, because it won't allow you to break the sugar addiction.)

Make sure you include your good fats, such as almonds and avocados. As a matter of fact, mix up some guacamole, and use that as your dressing instead of ranch. It tastes great, and there isn't any sugar in it(unlike ranch.)

Sorry, I don't mean to lecture, but when I found out these things, it was a life changer for me.

Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:53 AM
I eat plenty of veggies but fruit is too high in sugar to eat at this point. :)

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you not eating fruits and veggies because you are low carbs?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)