Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm defective

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I do think I'm somehow defective, or something. just don't think I feel emotions like other people. I don't really form attachments. My husband is the only person in my life other than my children that I wouldn't be completely fine if I never saw or spoke to them again. This includes my family and all of my friends. When my ex and I divorced, I really didn't care at all. Same thing when my grandfather died. He was an ass anyway. Again when I decided it was in my best interest to discontinue my relationship with my father.
Also, I really don't get most of the emotions people seem to express, and the things they express them over.
But most people like me. I'm very good at knowing how I'm supposed to react to things and imitating that. And since I'm very logical, I'm great at listening and giving advice.
I don't think I'm a sociopath. I have a strong moral compass, I'm not a risk taker or a user, and I do know guilt when I do something wrong.
Am I the only one like this? Or does anyone else know if something is wrong with me?.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:55 AM

You're not the only one.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:56 AM
More and more people are noticing that they're detached. It is fairly common in our society. I'm not sure whether to blame our digital age, but I'm sure it plays a role in some cases.

I've also noticed that a large percentage of those people attempt to diagnose themselves with some sort of autism, when there are many other possible causes.

I would suggest talking to a professional. If you wish to change, it is vital to find the real cause.

I wish you luck. I can relate.

You are not defective.
LCJan21
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:00 AM
I can relate on several levels.
holyhoola
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:02 AM
It must be a disorder of some kind.
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:02 AM
I don't think you're defective, you just handle things best suited to you. Just because a majority act a certain way doesnt make it the "right" way. I think you're fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:03 AM
Most likely.

Quoting holyhoola: It must be a disorder of some kind.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:05 AM
I'm not completely sure I'd change it. I might feel different if this extended to my children or husband.
As it is, most people don't seem to enjoy their emotions more often than not.
I doubt I want that stress, I just can't figure out why I'm different.

Quoting Anonymous 3: More and more people are noticing that they're detached. It is fairly common in our society. I'm not sure whether to blame our digital age, but I'm sure it plays a role in some cases.

I've also noticed that a large percentage of those people attempt to diagnose themselves with some sort of autism, when there are many other possible causes.

I would suggest talking to a professional. If you wish to change, it is vital to find the real cause.

I wish you luck. I can relate.

You are not defective.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:40 AM

Well I could have written this myself.... Uncanny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:42 AM
Same here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:44 AM
I admit that it makes me feel a bit better to see I'm not alone in this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)