Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

severe insomnia please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I have severe severe insomnia. I feel like ill never get sleep again. I have a 3yr old and a 4 day old at home and Ive had the hardest time figuring out how to juggle both. I try and rest during the day and cant even though my baby slept the day away. Now the baby has been sleeping and so is everyone else and im shaking like a leaf in fear That I can't sleep. I feel like a huge failure and I know I could handle this better if I slept. But I cant! I just cant! My SO has to work all day and no, there really is noone else to help me.
I'm freaking out. Please someone tell me what to do or tell me im no alone. I close my eyes and my head just races out of control and im so uncomfortable in my own bed
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firebird78
by JKL's mom on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:31 AM
Here's a bump for you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:32 AM
Well, my original idea wouldn't work in your situation so here is a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:34 AM

4 day old? You are hitting a huge hormone change right now in addition to the change of having a new baby at home. Try to relax before sleeping, maybe read a book. Think of anything else besides not being able to sleep and things that are present.

GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:34 AM

It's probably my own stupidness, but I'm confused. You shaking because you are scared you can't sleep or due to other stress, when you try and sleep what racing thoughts are you having? Is it insomnia on its own or is this a side effect of your aniexty or some depression and feeling of failure causing racing thoughts ? Sorry if I'm way off, long day. I never sleep either, never have even as a child. Like as in when I get a full night I mean I got 4 hours lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:36 AM

Make a cup of warm milk or cocoa and talk a hot bath. Its the stress and fear is keeping your mind racing. You can do this. You lo is only 4 days old, you will find a routine that works for you and your children. Stop beating yourself up over it. After the hot bath, lay down in bed, lights off, can you play some relaxing music? If so try that. 

sterling21
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this
If you just had a baby and your shaking, you should go to urgent care or the ER. You could have a infection or your hormones could be severely out of balance and your having a panic attack. It does not sound like your having a hard time dealing, it sounds like a medical issue.
vehnessuh
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:37 AM
Lavender oil on temples and the ball of your neck world's for me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:39 AM
Im shaking because my body is so tired and havent slept.

Quoting sterling21: If you just had a baby and your shaking, you should go to urgent care or the ER. You could have a infection or your hormones could be severely out of balance and your having a panic attack. It does not sound like your having a hard time dealing, it sounds like a medical issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:41 AM
Im scared I wont be able to sleep. Im laying here wondering how im going to get through tomorrow. I am so tired but just can't turn off.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

It's probably my own stupidness, but I'm confused. You shaking because you are scared you can't sleep or due to other stress, when you try and sleep what racing thoughts are you having? Is it insomnia on its own or is this a side effect of your aniexty or some depression and feeling of failure causing racing thoughts ? Sorry if I'm way off, long day. I never sleep either, never have even as a child. Like as in when I get a full night I mean I got 4 hours lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:41 AM
Benadryl or Tylenol pm
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)