• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe its time that we start allowing kids in classrooms (High School and COLLEGE)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:35 AM
  • 144 Replies
2 moms liked this

Afterall, we want them to be KID / FAMILY FRIENDLY.

Would you pay for a college or class where you could bring your kid and OTHER people could bring their kids to class? Would you pay $60 plus dollars or even $600 + dollars to attend a class with kids in it?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Kitty wth are you doing???????????LOL

mrsmac521
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:37 AM

I have had people bring their kids into a class that I was taking.  It never bothered me.  But the kids were always quiet.

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this

hey according to Jenna and a few other well educated professional hard working women, say that community colleges allow kids to come to class and are becoming more FAMILY friendly and most people do not have a problem with that....

I just wanna see how many people would pay for a college that allowed people to bring kids to the class!

Quoting Sassy762:

Kitty wth are you doing???????????LOL

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this

yes until pretty soon everyone is bringing their 2+ kids to class.

Quoting mrsmac521:

I have had people bring their kids into a class that I was taking.  It never bothered me.  But the kids were always quiet.

hippiemom45
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:40 AM
5 moms liked this

No I wouldn't because I would be too distracted by kids being in the classroom.  I wouldn't be able to listen or study with my kids there either.

FlutterBabyXO
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:40 AM

Nope. :) Can't concentrate with all of that! Too much at once.

TLC4theworld
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
There is no way I would pay to go to school if some one is bringing their kids.
kristiwalker09
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:41 AM
No.
Childcare is expensive and I do hate being away from my LO but my point of college is to better our lives. I need to be focused and the others paying aren't paying to be interrupted and distracted by my child.
mrsmac521
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:42 AM

As long as they are quiet and not disturbing the class I don't see an issue with it.  I would never bring my kids with me, because I don't want to deal with having to pay attention to them while I should be paying attention to the  teacher.  Seems like it would be a waste of money.

Quoting thetrollcat:

yes until pretty soon everyone is bringing their 2+ kids to class.

Quoting mrsmac521:

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:44 AM

nope sorry i would not spend money for dh or i to attend college where kids would be in class. by kids i mean under the age of 10. it would be too disruptive. plus i would probably feel like drop kicking and punching the disruptive person if i was paying that much for classes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)