• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F*** sleep. Might as well stay up now

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:16 AM
  • 42 Replies
Damn insomnia. You would think I had slept more than a few hours last night and that wpuld make it easier to sleep tonight, but Nooooooo! Why would THAT do anything? Fuck it, I'm turning on the coffee pot.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:18 AM
It doesn't matter anyway. The damn cock will wake me up soon anyhow. Wtf did my neighbors have to put up a chicken coop? We don't live on a farm. We livw in a trailer park. Ugh. I can't wait to move.
bribri1980
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:18 AM
I have had insomnia for 15 years. I have PTSD, I take 400mg of Trazadone which gives me 3 hours of sleep. Most people get 8 hours from half that dose. Lol

I'm getting ready to make a cup of capachino....salted caramel. Yum
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:20 AM
Columbian coffee with creamer and equal for me. Yours sounds better though.

Quoting bribri1980: I have had insomnia for 15 years. I have PTSD, I take 400mg of Trazadone which gives me 3 hours of sleep. Most people get 8 hours from half that dose. Lol

bribri1980
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:22 AM
I'm don't like coffee. This is easing me into the taste. For Christmas DH got 1000 k - cups from his employees. So we have a lot of flavors to choose from.

Quoting WickedOpal: Columbian coffee with creamer and equal for me. Yours sounds better though.

Quoting bribri1980: I have had insomnia for 15 years. I have PTSD, I take 400mg of Trazadone which gives me 3 hours of sleep. Most people get 8 hours from half that dose. Lol

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:25 AM
I loved our Keurig. So many choices.

Btw, I have fibromyalgia, so insomnia has been a part of my life for about 18 years. It seems to get worse as I get older. If I try to take anything for it, I will then sleep all day the next day or sometimes a two day hangover.

Quoting bribri1980: I'm don't like coffee. This is easing me into the taste. For Christmas DH got 1000 k - cups from his employees. So we have a lot of flavors to choose from.

Quoting WickedOpal: Columbian coffee with creamer and equal for me. Yours sounds better though.

bribri1980
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:29 AM
Sorry to hear that. And yeah my husband has an awful time with medications. He can take a quarter of the dose i take and he will be out of it for days

Our Keurig got worn out. We were at Dollar General and they had an off brand, with a water resivoir for 50 bucks. We love it.

Quoting WickedOpal: I loved our Keurig. So many choices.

Btw, I have fibromyalgia, so insomnia has been a part of my life for about 18 years. It seems to get worse as I get older. If I try to take anything for it, I will then sleep all day the next day or sometimes a two day hangover.

Quoting bribri1980: I'm don't like coffee. This is easing me into the taste. For Christmas DH got 1000 k - cups from his employees. So we have a lot of flavors to choose from.

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:41 AM
Worst cramps in 29 years woke me up. Holy shit...I've had my period for 29 years..,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:02 AM

I take Trazodone as well, 350mg.  It puts me to sleep initially but I wake up after about 3 hours too.  Sometimes I lie there, sometimes I just get up.  It blows my mom's mind I take that much because she takes it too but only 50mg and sleeps all night!

Quoting bribri1980: I have had insomnia for 15 years. I have PTSD, I take 400mg of Trazadone which gives me 3 hours of sleep. Most people get 8 hours from half that dose. Lol I'm getting ready to make a cup of capachino....salted caramel. Yum

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:03 AM

I understand and feel you!  Hope you get some rest soon.

I have my coffeemaker set for 4:30 AM but normally have to get up and turn it on before then.

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:22 AM
When ours wasn't working anymore, we decided it was cheaper to just go back to a regular pot. We make two pits a day sometimes.

I'm so reactive to meds that I have to warn anesthesiologists about it when I have surgery or anything. With my second baby, he didn't listen and had to give me meds to correct his mistake. He was really upset about it.

Quoting bribri1980: Sorry to hear that. And yeah my husband has an awful time with medications. He can take a quarter of the dose i take and he will be out of it for days

Our Keurig got worn out. We were at Dollar General and they had an off brand, with a water resivoir for 50 bucks. We love it.

Quoting WickedOpal: I loved our Keurig. So many choices.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)