Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheap but good meals for a family of 4

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

We are down to our last 1000 in our checking account ( For the bashers, we have a saving account but I don't touch that) until next tuesday.  We are a family of four who don't like onions.  No allergies or food problems. What meal ideas do you guys have?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allycally
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:10 AM
Really? 1000 for food and ur struggling. .how much do u normally spend
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:13 AM

I didn't say we were struggling.  I just really don't like having less than 1000 in our checking account.

Quoting allycally: Really? 1000 for food and ur struggling. .how much do u normally spend

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:17 AM

bump

nahlielove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Family sized pot pie. Cooked and shredded chicken, one bag of frozen mixed veggies, chicken broth, milk, and crescent rolls. Simmer broth, add salt and pepper,stir in milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add small amount of flour to thicken. Add veggies. Line a casserole dish with crescent dough, add filling, top with remaining dough. Bake at 375 for approx. 30 minutes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Thank you!

Quoting nahlielove: Family sized pot pie. Cooked and shredded chicken, one bag of frozen mixed veggies, chicken broth, milk, and crescent rolls. Simmer broth, add salt and pepper,stir in milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add small amount of flour to thicken. Add veggies. Line a casserole dish with crescent dough, add filling, top with remaining dough. Bake at 375 for approx. 30 minutes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Throw a chicken in the crock pot with some salt and pepper and whatever other seasoning you like, let it cook all day and make a side salad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Throw a chicken in the crock pot with some salt and pepper and whatever other seasoning you like, let it cook all day and make a side salad. 

Hoz
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:20 AM
Spaghetti and homemade garlic bread. Side dish of frozen veggies
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:21 AM

Thank you!

Quoting Hoz: Spaghetti and homemade garlic bread. Side dish of frozen veggies

allycally
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:22 AM
I meant struggling for food ideas... should have been clearer...i think i spent 150-200 this week... we are having/had
Grits/oatmeal/cereal/poptarts for breakfast...
Turkey sandwiches/pasta and sauce/ leftovers/ grilled cheese/tuna salad/pancakes for lunches

Grilled sausage, veggie, yellow rice/tacos/ chili and cornbread/ beef veggie soup/chicken fried rice/breakfast for dinner/meatball spaghetti for dinners

We always have fruit/yogurt/pretzels/milk/juice

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I didn't say we were struggling.  I just really don't like having less than 1000 in our checking account.

Quoting allycally: Really? 1000 for food and ur struggling. .how much do u normally spend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)