Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's going to be sorry!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
My fiancee and I are about to move in together soon. He has 4 kids (17, 11,9 & 8) the oldest lives with his mom and the younger two now currently live with their mom and the 11yr old lives with my fiancee. DF had full custody of the younger 2 up untill last year when their mom wanted to be a mom so he ler her share custody.

When they divorced they agreed to no child support, now she wants it. DF buys the kids everything they need anyways. BM DH is the one that is causing a lot of this. Well he told her (mediation) $200 a month for the kids. He isnt going to buy for the kids to bring to BM anymore. What we buy will stay at our place. But BM is always relying and depending on my DF to do for her needs for the kids at her house. Shes going to get a rude awakening.

Is this what other parents do? My kids father dont help out or pay support or see the kids so i dont know.

***ETA $200 per kid a month. Sorry. He has the kids all summer, weekends, holidays, vacation days and whenever she needs a "break". She calls him all the time to watch the kids so she can do things. She dont work the kids go to school during the day i feel she should do errands then, not after the kids get home at 3 and DF is still at work and needs him. He didnt ask anything of her when he had them full time for years. When they divorced he took the kids and they argreed on no support. Now that she has them she wants money.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:09 AM
He's paying $200 a mth for how many of the kids?
CountryMomma123
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:09 AM

I hope she doesn't expect him to keep getting the things the kids need for when they are with her if he has to Child Support. Has he told her this yet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:10 AM

I don't have any personal experience with child support, but $200 seems like a very small amount for him to be paying.  I don't think he should be complaining about buying clothes or whatever else on top of that.

blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:13 AM

200 a month? That's really a small amount for CS. 

StoicLife
by Katerina on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Quoting blessed107:

200 a month? That's really a small amount for CS. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:26 AM
$200 a month isn't very much CS at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:27 AM
My dh pays 100 per week per kid. 40% of his paycheck
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh, and, sorry to be that person...but you don't even live with this man and you aren't married..you really should not concern yourself with this. It's not your business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM
My ex husband pays a lot more in child support for our two kids. I don't ask for extras but I'm remarried and both of us work.

My kids want for nothing but I know if they needed something more I could ask for it.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM
$200/mo for 4 kids is not a lot. I'm supoosed to get $560 for 2 kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)