Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Third grader already talking about sex?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I overheard a conversation last night between my boys. My youngest son repeatedly asked 'How many times did you do it? 1? 2? 10?' And, then noticed me standing by the bathroom door when my oldest son said, '100.' Being the youngest, he immediately ratted his brother out, 'M said he sexed --- (a close child family friend) 100 times.'

I was stunned. I told M that we never, ever lie about something like that and asked him what was up. I guess some 4th graders at school have started a rumor about it and boys in his class are constantly talking about girls' body parts.

Wtf? This is THIRD grade not seventh!!

Long story short, he played the innocent card but I already heard him lying to his brother so his innocence is already out the door. He had so many questions which I answered honestly and directly. He didn't know what to do when boys started saying things, I told him to tell them he doesn't talk about that and leave. I definitely told him to deny any stories of him and her having sex - mainly defending her because that's the right thing to do. I'm big on teaching them that as boys, they're job is to help girls so going along with a rumor or not saying anything doesn't help them out one bit, it's disrespectful.

I'm just kind of shocked! Did anyone else know this bull was going on in THIRD grade? Woah!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:54 AM
Uh nope my Dd is in the 2nd grade no where near old enough to be thinking about sex!
MagicMary
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Oh that is sad. Happens though, me and my friends talked and knew about sex in 2nd grade.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:55 AM
Yes, of course it goes on. You must be very naive.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:57 AM

That is crazy. DS is in 2nd and doesn't know anything about sex. If he was to ask, I would answer him as best I could, but I dont think he is anywhere near that point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Yes, I guess it does! I'm just happy he talked to me after I overheard and that he feels better about the situation. I hope he follows my advice though. I want to raise him as a good man and I suppose this is the begining!

Quoting MagicMary:

Oh that is sad. Happens though, me and my friends talked and knew about sex in 2nd grade.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
That is how socializing works in public school.

Remember that when you (people in general) are worried about a home schooler's socialization.
deepfryerdemons
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:01 AM
My friends and I were talking about sex in 2nd grade. I think it's pretty normal, especially in a society that makes sex such a big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:02 AM
Last night, M said, 'This is why I didn't want to go to third grade or fourth grade, Mom. The boys are all crazy. All they do is talk about girls and their body parts.' I had no indication he knew about anything in 2nd grade either. I just hope I kept my cool enough for him to continue coming to me with these things.

Quoting Seagodess:

That is crazy. DS is in 2nd and doesn't know anything about sex. If he was to ask, I would answer him as best I could, but I dont think he is anywhere near that point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:05 AM
What could your mom have done to open the lines of communication right then - in 2nd grade? Because I'm trying like hell and I want to start this talking now so when things do get worse and harder to talk about, he knows he can always talk to me.

Quoting deepfryerdemons: My friends and I were talking about sex in 2nd grade. I think it's pretty normal, especially in a society that makes sex such a big deal.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I must be in the minority here but my little kids, 6, 5 and 3 know all about sex, the human body, how babies are conceived and born etc. Age appropriate of course.

Sex and ever thing that comes with it is not a big deal and shouldn't be taboo. When the subject comes up my children don't even bat an eye. They know how to handle the situation and know exactly what to and what not to say.

I personally think it's incredibly naive to send a kid to school (or into public) without a basic covering of health\the human body. Times are different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)