• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Savings....

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

Happy New Year! (a little late) I was reading a newspaper article and it was about how easy it was for you to save money. In this article they propose to save the same amount of money per week of the year. For example, the first week of January 1 dollars, the second week two dollars, and the third 3 dollars etc. At the end of the year you should have at least 1,300-ish if you do it no matter what. I love this idea. The hardest week will be the one you give 52 dollars but in the other hand you can throw away $52 easily. I am thinking of trying this. I am tired of not having my own egg nest ad even when my husband works hard to provide for us sometimes we struggle with the bills, especially when my car keeps breaking down. Also I feel like is good for me to have my own money in case things doesn’t work anymore with my husband, who I love but have many difference we are working on. Don’t get me wrong it’s not that I am trying to have money in case of a divorce, I just think is smart to have savings in case of an emergency no matter what. Do you have other ways to save money? Like I said I can’t take big amounts of money at a time but I can try this and see what happens.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM

We did this last year and it really is easy!  Just do it in reverse--put the $52 in first then it gets easier!

krgirl33
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:05 AM
I tried that last year and I didn't make it past the first couple of weeks. I'm trying it again this year hopefully it will go better.
lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:07 AM
We have automatic transfers into our savings, investment, and retirement accounts every payday.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

The difference of his paycheck goes into savings. If it's $1567, the $67 gets put into savings, for example.

yashira07
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:09 PM
I need one of each LOL. Honestly that is my goal, savings first, then investment and retirement.

Quoting lizzie_ann: We have automatic transfers into our savings, investment, and retirement accounts every payday.
mlawson803
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:43 PM
That is a great idea! I have been looking at this 52 (or 26) week money challenge and wondered about the higher amounts towards holidays!

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

We did this last year and it really is easy!  Just do it in reverse--put the $52 in first then it gets easier!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)