Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD 15 is grounded for 2 weeks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

DD 15 came home from school and she got on the computer using Facebook, I was seeing what DD was doing and she was chatting with some guy. She went outside to check the mail and she left her Facebook on, I was going to give her guinea pigs some carrots and I read what she wrote. She and that guy talking about sexual stuff and I looked at his profile and he's a 37 year old man. What the hell? Well when DD came back in, I had a talk with her and she said she loves him...how in the hell she loves him? That guy is probably a pedophile. I screenshot the chats that man wrote and emailed it to the police department. Well she is grounded for a week that means she can't hang out with her friends, she can't watch TV and DH took the cable box out of her room, I took her iPhone and took  other electronic devices away from her and locked up until a week is ove and handed her a flip phone she can only call when emergenices, she can't go to Anime Los Angeles that's this weekend and gave away the ticket since I can't get a refund. Well she told me she hated us and wanted us to die, so guess what I extended it to a week now she's grounded for 2 weeks. Anymore attitude from her then I'll add a day and she hushed. When my children does bad things they need to be punished and take their privileges away.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDukati
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM
Really? Two weeks? That's it? My daughter would lose all Internet, and phone privileges indefinitely.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Grounding her is one thing, which I understand why you did, but it just seems like more is necessary.

She actually believes herself to be in-love with a 37-year old man........and that HE is in-love with her. At 15-years old, she should be able to make more sense of the situation, and even find it "gross" that a man more than twice her age has fallen in-love with her.

Have you talked with her? Asked her the 5 W questions? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:04 AM
Disgusting and sad but I really wish people understood the definition of peodohile before throwing it around freely. Gl with your sd.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:05 AM

And I'm dumb....you can actually email the police? 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Man I'd DIE if I missed a big anime convention like that.

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:08 AM
Have you actually managed to talk to her about it yet? You need to find out whether any pics have been exchanged, why she felt the need for attention from him etc
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:10 AM
Just don't treat this like missing curfew or failing a class. Having her hate you is actually putting her in more danger.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:13 AM

This isn't really a grounding for 2 weeks type of thing. The girl "loves" a creeper and has been misusing the internet in order to contact him sexually. She needs therapy or something. That and I really don't think that she needs the internet for a looooong while.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:18 AM
Taking away unsupervised internet, I agree with.
Just be careful you don't drive her right into the guys arms.
blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:05 AM

You did the right thing! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)