Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WORKING MOMS ONLY

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

What do you do with your kids during the summer? June is coming up fast and I can barely afford the private school my son is at now. What do you do if you have a kid that needs to be watched while you're at work?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sara-P
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:54 AM
I'm a teacher so I don't have this problem.
LNLMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Summer camps-it's a pain to pay for each week for three kids on top of regular childcare for 3 little ones but it's the only option for us

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, being a teacher seems like such an awesome job. I would go that route if I was organized enough and could handle other people's kids on a daily basis.

Quoting Sara-P: I'm a teacher so I don't have this problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

their school has a camp and there are camps out there for low-income. also ask around. Sometimes there are SAHM looking for extra cash.

.PinkSunshine.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:57 AM
I'm actually sitting at work waiting to start my shift. My kids are older so they stay with my oldest son. He'll be 18 by this Summer. If I didn't have him I'd pay for summer half day camp or something like that. I'll be getting off work at 1pm. Sadly 2 week training is 10-6pm *cries*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:57 AM
My kids aren't school aged, so I don't have this problem. But even if they were, I don't have them in day care. A good family friend watches my children for me. (And only charges me $50/week)

Do you not have family around you willing to help?
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:01 AM

My DH is home with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:01 AM

She will have to go to a day camp type thing.  Thankfully I work on the base so I can get subsidized pricing for the base youth center.  If I were to do it out in town it would be $35/day...with the base center it's $70/week...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Yeah, totally, too bad we all work...

Quoting Anonymous 3: My kids aren't school aged, so I don't have this problem. But even if they were, I don't have them in day care. A good family friend watches my children for me. (And only charges me $50/week) Do you not have family around you willing to help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:34 AM

How did you find a good summer camp?

Quoting LNLMommy:

Summer camps-it's a pain to pay for each week for three kids on top of regular childcare for 3 little ones but it's the only option for us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)