Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do people think you have it easy with only one child.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 313 Replies
7 moms liked this
We all have struggles as moms. Anyone with one kid can tell you when you only have one you are their everything. You have to engage with them alot more if there were two or three. It can be intense. I know moms with more kids have their struggles too. The fighting and the sibling rivalry.They also have to split their time so I get their struggle too. Just dont negate mine because I only have one.My DH said why are you so frustrated. What if you had more. You are home and have it easy.I could have punched him! First I breastfed until she was 18 months. She still sleeps in our bed at 4. I tried putting her in her bed he goes and gets her and brings her to our bed. I haven't had a babysitter her whole life. If I go out I have to rush back because he can't handle constantly entertaining her. I love my dd with All my heart but I need a break too. She goes to school 10 hours a week but I run errands I don't get to kick up and relax. As a mom of an only I feel like I am constantly on!

Boy are you a bunch of defensive mean spirited moms. We all have it hard in some aspect. All I'm saying is let's stop the mommy wars and respect the struggle of motherhood and don't dismiss someone else's journey. Thank you and good night!!

P.S I NEVER said having one is harder than having multiple I just said don't think it's easy. If you are parenting right it can be exhausting because you are fully engaged with your kids and their problems. Everyone calm the F down!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:20 AM
Bump
MagicMary
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:21 AM
3 moms liked this

I've never had it easy with one.
I will never have more kids because of how hard everything, since the very beginning of it all, has been.

Oh well, I also don't give a fuck what people have to say about me being a mom to one or thinking it's hard.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Bump
MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree with you to a point. Ds was an only for 6 yrs having Dd to play with now is much easier they can entertain each other now so I can get stuff done. I imagine it gets harder when you add a third and fourth kid to the mix.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:23 AM
I wanted one more but DH doesn't. I think it's how he justifies not wantinganother. Like I can't handle it.

Quoting MagicMary:

I've never had it easy with one.I will never have more kids because of how hard everything, since the very beginning of it all, has been.

Oh well, I also don't give a fuck what people have to say about me being a mom to one or thinking it's hard.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Yeah I think two is the magic number.

Quoting MrsCountryMama: I agree with you to a point. Ds was an only for 6 yrs having Dd to play with now is much easier they can entertain each other now so I can get stuff done. I imagine it gets harder when you add a third and fourth kid to the mix.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:24 AM

i have one

she is seven

and i love having play dates because she can play with another kid in our home

if she was not an only, she would spend time with her sibling, so in that way is can be more of a challenge having one

but we all have struggles, mine or not more or less than the woman across street who has four kids. she also has a husband, i do not, she has neighbors takingh er kids all the time- all of them at once, and she does not have kids at her house? so people are bending over backwards to help her out?

i only have one, but no husband and mine is in autism spectrum, so her four might equal my one
but no keeping score most days...lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:25 AM
11 moms liked this
Because one child is easier. It's really that simple. My oldest is my most difficult child and she was an only for three years and it was most definitely easier than two or three. And yes I assume three is easier than four and four is easier than five, etc.
calcalmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:25 AM
24 moms liked this
If she needs constant entertaining then you've done something wrong.....
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:26 AM
I have one and it is easy, I'm more worried about what having two will be like come June. My first is very attached to me and expects a lot of one on one attention.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)