Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preggo n cant breathe

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM
  • 7 Replies
Im 33 weeks. I get these moments where i feel like i just can't get a breath. Sometimes it's during a BH contraction. So i figured that's the reason for them.
Well i noticed it happens even when i don't have a contraction. i feel for lil man and find hes not pushing up most the time so it's not him kicking me.
Anyone else get this?
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:55 AM
I am 30 weeks and can't breathe at times. Its everything growing and pushing on your lungs. Your organs have to go somewhere while the baby and uterus grows so somethings just get a bit squished.
summerlove3677
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM
That happen to me. I tried to stretch as wide as I could to give my organs more room.

That being said, I'd call the doc. When you have a low blood count, you will have a hard time breathing. It may be best to make sure you haven't developed anemia
collectivecow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:06 AM

It's because the baby is pushing up further into the region: It's quite typical to have breathing issues in your third trimester, but if it's out of the norm, call your Pediatrician/midwife. :)

CafeMom Tickers
HelloKritty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:08 AM
This is quite normal in the third trimester, but if it worries you it never hurts to bring it up to the doc.
.PinkHart.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Usually very normal as your now monstrous sized uterus has pushed all your organs up and putting pressure on your diaphragm.
username123
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:12 AM
I'd be dialing up the midwife to ask. It is OK to ask!
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:13 AM
It's probably just the limited space in there however, I have that problem bc I'm anemic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)