Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I failed my life.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I seriously give up. Ive tried so hard so many times and i just am at the point that maybe its because i just cant do it. I know i made a big mistake from the start and it was to have a child at a young age without having my hs diploma. As a teen i failed 9th grade 2 times and 10th grade twice as well. I have my shit together and do study, do my work, basically do what i am suppose to but ive always had a hard time in school. When i was a child i moved 3 times to different countries where i had to change languages at school and start all over the learning process. I was always behind because of this. I have a hard time learning, reading and writing because of this. Ive seen tutors in the past and everything. Im just so far behind and its very rough. I had a child by rape who i decided to keep. I love her more than anything but i feel like im failing her. She is now 2 years old and i am still struggling to get my high shool diploma. I keep failing classes and just cant do it. I study hard, got tutors to help and after failing 100 times i give up. I really wanted to go to college because it would really help us if i had a better paying job. But i just know i would never be able to go to college. I would end up with more debt and fail. Im at the point where i just dont know what to do anymore. We are living in poverty and i feel like it will never change because im too stupid to even get my high shool diploma. I feel so bad for my dd. its not her fault and she doesnt deserve this kind of life. I wanted so much more for my children. I just dont know what to do anymore. I am so lost. I dont know what i can do to succeed in life. No matter how much i try or study i will always have trouble reading and understanding what the questions are asking. I am so stressed that i cant even function.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
all2gethernow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:17 AM
You just have to keep on trying. One step at a time. Do it for her, do it for you. Good luck sweetie:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:21 AM
Thanks. Its just really hard. I have the motivation and thats one of the biggest reasons i havent given up yet. Its just frustrating because no matter how hard or how many times i try i always end up failing. I just feel like maybe its meant to be.

Quoting all2gethernow: You just have to keep on trying. One step at a time. Do it for her, do it for you. Good luck sweetie:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:23 AM

Maybe take a GED or other high school equivelent course in the language you are most comfortable in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:26 AM
The problem is that i dont really have a language im more comfortable with. Ive changed so often that i never really had the time to get used to one 100%. They also only give schooling in one language where i am so i have no choice but to take it in that langauge.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Maybe take a GED or other high school equivelent course in the language you are most comfortable in?

dawnrothbaum
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you have a learning disability? Are you currently enrolled in a school program? If you can't handle high school, because it is too difficult, then college would probably not be an option for you. You might be better off trying to learn a trade, a skill that will help you find and keep a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you checked out your local community college if you live in the US? I know the community college that was in my area gave classes to people wanting to get their GED. You could go there and talk to an academic advisor and see what they can do to help you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Marry someone rich! An old man with lots of dough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Not everyone has to go to college. Think about things you are interested in, things you are good at. Think outside the box...just brain storm. 

Maybe you could get into cleaning, I have a friend who started out cleaning a small dr's office at night. Now she owns her own cleaning business and has multiple dr's offices and 2 hospitals. She has employees under her. She never went to college, but she wokred hard. 

You can still make a good life for you and your dd, just be determined to find something you can do.

SaintJudes
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Here, send my your homework, Ill do it for you. Im serious, not be sarcastic, lol.

You're not stupid...just stressed like you said.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:32 AM
This is probably your best bet if you can't manage high school. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Marry someone rich! An old man with lots of dough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)