Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My brother is getting married but I don't want my kids In the wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
So my brother is getting married in a year or so. I'm not usually one to care about age and this girl.. Yes girl is 19 and my brother is 26. Anyways he seems happy but this girl really doesn't seem right for him. Before he met her he always came over to hang out with me and dh. Now he lives 5 minutes away and I see him every 6 months or so. When they do come over all this girl talks about is stuff a 15 year old would talk about.

This girl has also been rude to my kids. So when they told us the news she said she wants my kids In the wedding. I don't want them to. I feel bad because it's my brother.. And I want him happy. Then again he was rude and told me he is glad he wont have step kids and he would never want to and basically he doesn't want his life to turn out like mine. I have a stepdaughter. This made me upset and I told him I wouldn't want my life any other way.

Anyways.. Am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:39 AM
3 moms liked this

"He seems happy"

that should be all that matters to you, stop being a jerk

I was 24 and DH 32 when we got married

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:45 AM
I never said I wouldn't go.. I just don't want my kids to be in the wedding.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

"He seems happy"

that should be all that matters to you, stop being a jerk

I was 24 and DH 32 when we got married

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:46 AM

is it worth a strained relationship with your brother over it?

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:47 AM
6 moms liked this
Yeah, you're wrong. It's not your life, it's his and you should support him. You're selfish and entitled by making HIS wedding and HIS relationship about you.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:49 AM
5 moms liked this

I don't believe I'll ever understand the mentality behind pulling children into a dispute between the adults in their lives.

Your brother is happy. THAT is all that should matter to you.

Seems to me that you're annoyed that your brother no longer comes and hangs out with you, and this is adding to your issues with the situation

You do not get to make the determination of WHO is "right" for your brother.

Perhaps in this next year or so before they're married, you'll find some maturity along the way.

strongforthem
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:51 AM
I am not understanding why you would use your children to hurt someone like that.
Snowbunnies45
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:52 AM
3 moms liked this
Sorry, but if my brothers girlfriend was rude to my kids then turned around and asked if they could be in their wedding......

Hell no
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:54 AM

yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Sounds like youre the one with the issue. You dont get to choose who he can and can not marry. Yeah youre in the wrong. And why would a grown man want to spend every free moment with his sister and BIL?? He HAS a life of is his own. And so what if he said he didnt want step kids?? Not everyone wants to get with someone who has kids already. Not a horrible thing. 

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:57 AM

you sound jealous..you have someone,why cant your brother?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)