Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just a rant/vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Before I write my complaints please save the "well you shouldn't have became a single mom" I fought hard for my relationship but he wouldn't stop the cheating and drug binges.

So I'm a single mother of 3. I work a decent job that keeps us off of walfare. The problem with this is, no one will help you when you are not on walfare. I applied for daycare assistance but no they have no help for ppl in my income bracket. They act like I make a ton of money because they go by gross. The only way I can get daycare assistance is if I find a crappy job and get on walfare. They should take everything into consideration when deciding if you need help.

My gross is 2800.00 per month.
My bring home is 2000.00 per month.
There is no way I can afford daycare, bills, rent and food with that. My family has been an amazing help with babysitting while I get on my feet. They are tiring of watching them though and I don't blame them. I would never expect anyone to watch my children for free. I'm so lost. Also just because I know it will be asked dad lost his job right after I put him out. I have not even heard from him. He decided 14 years and 3 kids into it that he wanted to experience meth and the party life. Pathetic!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:41 AM
How old are the kids?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:42 AM

I agree to an extent, but there would be people who would go out and get an Iphone 6 with a huge data plan and an apartment they can't afford to jack up their expenses. Going by income alone is the only way to have a level way to assess people

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:47 AM
I know its sad that those kind of people make it hard for the ones that truly try and have bare minimum. I have the cheapest prepaid phone, no cable, no internet. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I agree to an extent, but there would be people who would go out and get an Iphone 6 with a huge data plan and an apartment they can't afford to jack up their expenses. Going by income alone is the only way to have a level way to assess people

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:49 AM
They are 14 11 and 2. The older ones are fine to be home alone. Daycare here is going to take half of my income just for the baby.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old are the kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Your best bet might be to try to find a sahm who needs a little extra income.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:13 PM
Then you'll need to look for a babysitter. Do you get a decent income tax return? If so, that's right around the corner so start looking for someone who will watch the baby for a lower cost than a daycare and use your refund to pay for it. Either way, you've got a few years before baby starts kindergarten so this has to be figured out.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are 14 11 and 2. The older ones are fine to be home alone. Daycare here is going to take half of my income just for the baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:18 PM

You are awesome! Yes I am sure I will get a good tax return since it is just my income this year. That will be a great help. That didn't even cross my mind.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Then you'll need to look for a babysitter. Do you get a decent income tax return? If so, that's right around the corner so start looking for someone who will watch the baby for a lower cost than a daycare and use your refund to pay for it. Either way, you've got a few years before baby starts kindergarten so this has to be figured out.
Quoting Anonymous 1: They are 14 11 and 2. The older ones are fine to be home alone. Daycare here is going to take half of my income just for the baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM
Hey, I'm already on the edge of my seat waiting for mine and that's why I thought of it when you mentioned money troubles and how low your income is.

http://www.hrblock.com/get-answers/tax-calculators.html

Go to that link. It's only a few questions and it'll give you an estimate of what your return will be. It's just an estimate and no guarantee but at least it's something to give you an idea of what you'll get.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

You are awesome! Yes I am sure I will get a good tax return since it is just my income this year. That will be a great help. That didn't even cross my mind.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Then you'll need to look for a babysitter. Do you get a decent income tax return? If so, that's right around the corner so start looking for someone who will watch the baby for a lower cost than a daycare and use your refund to pay for it. Either way, you've got a few years before baby starts kindergarten so this has to be figured out.

collectivecow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:35 PM

What state are you in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Dang!! I hope it's right, it says over 8000. That could pay daycare for about 8 months and I can save throughtout the rest to pay the last few months.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Hey, I'm already on the edge of my seat waiting for mine and that's why I thought of it when you mentioned money troubles and how low your income is. http://www.hrblock.com/get-answers/tax-calculators.html Go to that link. It's only a few questions and it'll give you an estimate of what your return will be. It's just an estimate and no guarantee but at least it's something to give you an idea of what you'll get.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)