Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you feel sympathetic to people who beg?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
A woman is begging for a crib or bassinet...she has 2 other young kids and she was due yesterday. I have a cosleeper i was going to offer her but im really upset that she wouldnt think about this months ago...your baby needs somewhere to sleep if not their own bed then with you. And to just beg and expect someone to give you something?...she could of offered a trade or for her *husband* to do a job in trade. Just frustrating.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this

lack of planning on someones part does not make for an emergency on mine

elfling811
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:50 AM
This. So much this.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

BatmanWondaWomn
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:51 AM
That's her problem!!
collectivecow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:52 AM

There are used furniture places and other options like CL to get such items cheaply if needed. What happened that they couldn't get the crib or bassinet beforehand?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:55 AM
I am by no means rich but i planned ahead. I may of bought things used or used layaway but i made sure i had them by 6months pregnant.

Quoting BatmanWondaWomn: That's her problem!!
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't know her situation. She may have had a plan but it fell through at the last minute. If someone begs for something I either give it to them or not, but there's no reason to judge someone for it unless there's more info you're not telling us.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont judge others. I have a very hard time asking for help so if I ever do, it takes an awful amount of anxiety to do so. I assume its the same for others. If someone asks me for help, I do and give everything I can Without questioning them and their motives.
Squat2pee
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM

This. If it's an unexpected emergency situation, that's one thing, but you have nine months to plan for a baby. If you can't get your shit together by then, maybe you shouldn't be having a baby.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:01 PM
No she seems the type that expects people will just help her out. She also commented that she wants it in good condition and a few weeks ago was also asking a bunch of people to throw her a baby shower.

Quoting 3JuJu3:

I don't know her situation. She may have had a plan but it fell through at the last minute. If someone begs for something I either give it to them or not, but there's no reason to judge someone for it unless there's more info you're not telling us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:02 PM

yes. But I would just give it to her. Even the bible says, give, to the one who asks you (don't know if you're spiritual or not) if u don't need it, than u should give it to someone who does. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)