• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Proof pit bulls are a worthless breed

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:50 AM
  • 126 Replies
3 moms liked this

One of my managers at work, her 22 yr old son has been in the hospital since Sat due to a severe pit bull mauling. The lower half of his face was basically tore off and he needed reconstructive surgery on his jaw. His jaw is wired shut and he is sipping through a straw today for the first time. It was his dog, supposedly has had it for 6 years no problems. Him and his wife just had a baby. Thank dog the dog has been put down. You would never hear of this happening with a lab, a spaniel, poodle, retreiver, doberman, dachchund, chihuahua, it is always a pit.

It is totally unclear what led to the attack.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Please educate yourself.
greenlove2013
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:53 AM

yes blame the dog when it clearly is man made.they didn't ask to be here.

morgiefae
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Dog attacks happen no matter the breed. Also, I had a lab that had to be put down due to attacks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate dogs, especially pits but I will tell you that your last statement is not true. All animals, all breeds are capable of doing this, an animal is an animal in the end. I've heard of plenty of stories of golden retrievers, cocker spaniels and labs attacking people. Chihuahuas at the worst, little ankle biters, their only saving grace is their size otherwise they would eat the skin off your face.
SciFiMama91
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:57 AM
Hahaha that is total bullshit. I know someone who had a dog as a child. Full lab. Bit his mother so severely that her foot had to be amputated.

I hope he makes a speedy recovery though!
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't lump all welfare recipients together so you can't lump all pit bulls together. One bad egg does not spoil the rest. In the end animals are animals and can change at any moment in time. My moms doberman she had since a baby bit my friend as a kid because the kid hugged her while she was sleeping. My cat who loves my kids scratched my oldest at 9 months because she pulled his tail. Sorry for that person but it is not "PROOF" of anything.

j3st3r
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM

You have an anecdote, not proof.

I was viciously attacked by a GSD when I was 6.  No provocation.  I was in my own yard at the time.  My arm still has gnarly scars, as do my legs and head.

My story does not prove anything, either.  I love GSD's!

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Stop posting under anonymous if you are going to troll.

Read the statistics. Most severe bites and attacks/'mauling, and deaths are from the PIT. Read this and weep this is through Dec 2013.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-study-dog-attacks-and-maimings-merritt-clifton.php

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah....because the news channels knows people dont care about most dog attacks unless its a pit. ALL dog breeds are capable of attacking and doing some sort of damage. And yes i know other breeds who have turned and bitten a human for no reason. They are taken outside and shot where i live, we dont deal with that crap. The baby may be a reason. Some dogs change when the family changes and a baby is a big change for a family, including a dog.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)