Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be honest....would you have looked twice if your DH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies

had missing teeth, was obese, was unkempt, or just plain completely not your type.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:19 PM

well no, who would say they would have been with their spouse if they were not your type?

Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:20 PM
I don't have a physical type. I do, however, overlook those who are dirty or smelly. I'd be more turned off by a NASCAR or WWE( or whatever it is) shirt, than by obesity.

I give no one second looks. It is conversation that pulls me in. :)
Missdameanor
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:21 PM
I met him when I was 20. I was still pretty shallow in my thinking at that age, so I don't think I would have. I would have just moved along quietly.
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Really..?
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:21 PM

If he wasn't "my type" then I wouldn't have had a reason to look twice initially.

The funny thing is that my dh, who's 33, does have a missing front tooth. It fell out a few years after we got married. He had it knocked loose when he was in the Air Force working as a crew chief for F16s. He turned around and smacked right into the wing. I kept nagging at him to go to the dentist and get it fixed, but he ignored it like many men do, and it eventually fell out and now he has to wear a fake tooth.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:22 PM

dirty, no.

The other things are not an issue. My dh is younger and shorter than I typically was attracted to. But he is absolutely beautiful :)

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Nope. His looks are what first attracted me to him. I believe being physically attracted to your SO is important.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:23 PM

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: Really..?

Yes really. 

I have a good friend who just got married.  Her husband is about 300 lbs and can be pretty slovenly.  But he treats her like a freaking queen.  She looked past his obesity and stuff.  But not everyone would.

maecntpntz219
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:23 PM

No, but when we met he was the one staring at me. I didn't even notice him until my friend mentioned it.

poietes
by Laura on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:23 PM
That doesn't make sense. Why would you be with some one who is not your type? As much as people want to deny it, physical attraction is a very important part to a healthy relationship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)