Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well f***😔 help, please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Ok...
Now let me start off by saying I'm not asking for anything other than resources and information, I do work 30-60 hours it varies. I'm not on pa, I'm trying to do this with out it, due to holidays and cancelations my last check was pretty non existent, it went totally to rent. I tried to donate blood and after the physical I was turned away, I live in Colorado(denver) and my mind is a total blank of what to do for food, I'm looking for food banks that don't require me to be a church member and I don't have anything to sale, Im on break at work that's how I'm online. Any and all info and resources for my area would be appreciated!! Once again I'm not looking for anyone to give me $$$
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Bump! SOmeone made a list of resources by state not to long ago, so you just need her to see this. I'll go see if I can find any online. :)

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:41 PM

BUMP!

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:42 PM

do you have 211 or a central resource number in CO?

jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

No idea if these are near you, but....

1. The MORE Life Center

is open on weekends to Colorado Community members and attendees and the community, Saturdays 5:15-7:00pm (1st Sat. of the month only) and Sundays 10:00am-12:45pm, and on Wednesdays, 9:30am-5:00pm.

15425 E. Iliff Ave #B

Aurora , CO - 80014
720-748-0257

2. Options food pantry ACS Community lift.

Client Hours:
Monday – Thursday
9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Closed Fridays

A three day supply of emergency food given to low income persons. Food is given once every two months and clients can choose between different foods. Call for details. 

If the client lives in the City and County of Denver, it must be 30 days before they can receive food assistance again. If the client lives outside the City andCounty of Denver, it must be 60 days before they can receive food assistance again. 5045 W 1st Ave

Denver, CO - 80219
303-935-7389

jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:49 PM
I did not think of 211, thank you so much

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

do you have 211 or a central resource number in CO?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:50 PM

I know you're trying to do this without PA, but you are exactly the type of person that it's meant for! It's meant to help in a tough spot, not to depend on. For that reason, this is the link to the Arapahoe County financial aid website.... you might qualify for emergency cash assistance (which is basically just a qucik donation to hold you over) or at least apply for heat & energy assistance, which will pay a portion of your power bill (especially during winter months when costs are higher) as long as you are also making good-faith payments towards the same bill. I did that when I lived in IL and it was amazing... we were about $300 behind on our power bill and after we made an agreed upon $50 payment, they took care of the rest. It was a HUGE relief, and I didn't feel as bad since I was at least helping bring the bill current.

http://co-arapahoecounty.civicplus.com/index.aspx?nid=425

There are also options like a payday advance (there will be fines tho, and you'll have to pay it back. There's also pawn shop loans - if you take in an item of value they will hold it while giving you a loan. You pay them back, you get your stuff back. You can't pay them back, the worst that happens is you can't get your stuff back. You could also just try pawning some things you could stand to part with - look around on ebay before you take anything in to see what its selling for, it will give you an idea of a reasonable price to settle for in person. Don't go in telling you you just need money, give a specific idea of what price you're looking for and haggle with them, otherwise they will take advantage and low-ball you.

If you got turned away for blood donation, you probaby won't qualify for plasma, but that's another way to make a few extra dollars.

I know how it goes, we struggle during the winter especially b/c DH gets less hours. Good luck!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM
If you are in Denver there are many food banks. Also a lot of places are hiring. Call 211.
locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:58 PM
I have no advise but I just wanted to wish you good luck. I have hit rough patches before. It will get better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)