Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When A man has a child with another woman!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
And he gets the OW pregnant while still married why is it that people always say he has a responsibility to woman and child? That it's his duty as a man to leave his wife and marry the pregnant woman?

It was his duty as a man to honor his vows.

And his first commitment should be to his family. His wife and the child/ren he created with her. He should also be equally as good of a parent to the progeny of the affair.

At least this is my opinion.

Of course my opinion is different in cases where man and woman divorce and he remarries. His duty is to his family. Current. (His children should always be at the heart of his "current family.") And it is the new wife's duty to help ensure the prosperity of the family as a whole. Man, wife, his, hers and their kids. Equal to each member of the family unit. Because the first priority to anyone should be to their family. Same goes for when wife remarries.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:51 PM
I think all his children should be equal. No child comes second. It isn't that child's fault he's a man whore.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:51 PM

who says that he should leave the wife for the other woman???

kiki719
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:51 PM
You mean if he cheats an gets another girl pregnant but the wife stays?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM
I've never heard anyone say that a man should go marry the woman he cheated on his wife with and got pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM
I've seen it more than once. "He has to marry the OW, she's pregnant."

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM
I'd kick his ass to the curb.
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM
It's his responsibility to provide for ALL of his children, whether he leaves his wife for the OW or not.

Quoting Anonymous 1: And he gets the OW pregnant while still married why is it that people always say he has a responsibility to woman and child? That it's his duty as a man to leave his wife and marry the pregnant woman?

It was his duty as a man to honor his vows.

And his first commitment should be to his family. His wife and the child/ren he created with her. He should also be equally as good of a parent to the progeny of the affair, however, the other woman and her child should come second.

At least this is my opinion.

Of course my opinion is different in cases where man and woman divorce and he remarries. His duty is to his family. Current. (His children should always be at the heart of his "current family.") And it is the new wife's duty to help ensure the prosperity of the family as a whole. Man, wife, his, hers and their kids. Equal to each member of the family unit. Because the first priority to anyone should be to their family. Same goes for when wife remarries.

What do you think?
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:53 PM

A man's responsibility should always be to his primary family, whether it's an affair or divorce.  It's like anything in life, you have to finish what you start before you go on to something else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Eh. Even if she doesn't. He still needs to put her and his children first. THAT was his vow.

Quoting kiki719: You mean if he cheats an gets another girl pregnant but the wife stays?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:54 PM

this is a dumb internet chat board, you take what people here say as factual evidence of the real world?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've seen it more than once. "He has to marry the OW, she's pregnant."
Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)