• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you still do her hair?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
My niece is 9. She was here for Christmas break visiting her father. She asked me on the first night here to do her hair beacuse she wanted to look nice to meet her fathers fiance for the first time. So I did. About a week later she wanted me to do her hair again so her hair would be curly when her grandma came home. At that point she hadn't taken a shower in I don't know how many days so her hair was greasy dirty and just felt gross, it didn't smell good either. The next day she kept her hair in the braids and complained because her hair smelt bad......I told her she could change that if she would take a shower. She told me that being clean was overrated so I told her that being dirty was just disgusting. The next day she asked me to do her hair, I refused until she took a shower. So she took a shower....and the next day I did her hair. It was the first time ever doing that hairstyle so it wasn't perfect but damn good considering the facts. However she was less than happy, I told her of she wanted me to do it again I would have to start over, instead she chose to sit in front of her father and piss and moan and just act like a little brat. So finally the day came for her to leave and she wanted me to do a high pony tail for her and I refused. This is a girl who explained to my oldest dd how to do a high pony tail as if my dd was stupid. My oldest dd is also 9 and doesn't like me to do her hair because she does it herself. My niece has also made smart ass comments about how she can do her own hair but just doesn't want to. Whould you still do her hair if she asks?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:20 PM

No. The fact that she was fighting about bathing and smelled gross and was okay with it was enough.

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:22 PM

You let a 9 year old decide if they were going to or not going to bathe?

STVUstudent
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Only if I wanted to.  The "being clean is overrated" comment would have gotten her a swift kick in the pants in my book.  My kids, especially my son, has gone through the "I don't want to take a shower/wash my hair" gig, and I have explained to him that MY job is to keep him healthy and part of that means being clean... AND... I did not want him to be "that kid" that the others talk about because they are dirty...

Sounds like this kid is a brat... what neuro-typical 9 year old can't do tehir own pony tail?  The lazy one...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:28 PM
I would not stand for my 9 year old daughter go to someone's house and smell that gross. Ewe. And I will refuse to do her hair also. But I have a while to go though.

Dd is 2 so I fight with just brushing it and putting it in half ponytail with a bow.
Ashgambit
by Boomstick on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:28 PM
Nope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:30 PM
My brother goes a month with out a shower and can smell him from a far even his room. It's just gross.

Quoting STVUstudent:

Only if I wanted to.  The "being clean is overrated" comment would have gotten her a swift kick in the pants in my book.  My kids, especially my son, has gone through the "I don't want to take a shower/wash my hair" gig, and I have explained to him that MY job is to keep him healthy and part of that means being clean... AND... I did not want him to be "that kid" that the others talk about because they are dirty...

Sounds like this kid is a brat... what neuro-typical 9 year old can't do tehir own pony tail?  The lazy one...

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:31 PM

No. She's been ungrateful and now she can do her own hair.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:33 PM
Not after she bitched about it like that.
Snowbunnies45
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:35 PM
My older brother did that for a while. My mom didn't fight with him about it. She just let him go until he finally realized no one wanted to be around him.

Quoting STVUstudent:

only_1_4_me
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:38 PM

mmm not if she is going to be a snot about it..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)