Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

every time my son has to use the bathroom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
My father in law distracts him, despite me telling him to stop. My son just ran out of his room to go potty and my father in law yet again starts making weird noises and calling for my son's attention.

The other day he did it again and my son wet his pants. My son is only 4 and had the attention span of a gold fish. It's pissing me off that father in law is setting him back. Leave my boy alone and let him pee! Fuck! It should be common sense let a kid go pee in the potty when he's running for it. I feel like we are going to have to not visit father in law cause I'm tired of my son running for the bathroom, his grandfather calling his attention, my son being very polite and listening to his grandfather and wetting himself!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by squeekers on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That man has a cruel streak. Tell your son, as far as manners go, when he needs to go say Sorry grampa I'll listen when I get back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM
We have talked about that, but gets nervous about upsetting grandpa. In my opinion, it's just weird how hard my fil tries to make my son wet his pants. It's not funny.

Quoting squeekers: That man has a cruel streak. Tell your son, as far as manners go, when he needs to go say Sorry grampa I'll listen when I get back.
ctownjessiejo
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to fil about it. If it continues, then the visits stop.

Bieg9093
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this

When the boy gets up to go, get up with him and help him stay on task, even if it means being rude to FIL.  Clearly the man has serious impulse control problems.  And I can't help but wonder if there are some other, ickier problems that could make FIL behave this way.

I don't think you should leave them alone together.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Just tell him to leave him alone. Tell your son that if he needs to go to the bathroom, just go and dont worry about anything else until he's done.

kiki719
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM
Your.fil live with you
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM
Tell him to ignore FIL and just go. Have him say "I'm sorry, but you have to excuse me" and not to engage with FIL.
Bieg9093
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM

And help your boy learn to go long before he needs to run to make it in time.  Help him incorporate potty breaks into his play...like if the trucks are driving to the construction site, and then going to get more tools, the truckers should stop at a bathroom too.  And while the truck is parked, your boy can go to the bathroom.  Does that make sense?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:54 PM
So tell your fil to stop. Not a hard solution.
smalltownteddy
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:54 PM
That's fucking sick. There is some serious boundary problem there, and as someone else said, it sounds a little goofy. Not the modern definition of goofy either...

Quoting Anonymous 1: We have talked about that, but gets nervous about upsetting grandpa. In my opinion, it's just weird how hard my fil tries to make my son wet his pants. It's not funny.

Quoting squeekers: That man has a cruel streak. Tell your son, as far as manners go, when he needs to go say Sorry grampa I'll listen when I get back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)