Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who else isn't exactly thrilled about gas prices?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 466 Replies
Granted, over all it's a good thing to pay less for gas, but does anyone else know what this means for our economy in the future or for people who work on an oil rig? just something to think about...

EDIT:

Some of you have taken my post as me saying DONT BE HAPPY ABOUT OIL PRICES. I'm not saying that. If this doesn't affect you then of course you are happy about gas and I'm happy FOR YOU. I'm not trying to make any feel guilty or sorry for me. MANY people aren't aware what dropping oil prices even means beyond the cost it takes to fill up their gas tanks or even WHY gas is cheap.

And based on the replies I'm clearly not the only one concerned. Thankfully this isn't a permanent job for my husband but it's one we are depending on at the moment. So if you feel attacked or some kind of way about my post then re read it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltownteddy
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:40 PM
DH is waiting on a job he was promised with Exxon. I'm not thrilled about gas prices.
wymama610
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:41 PM
My husband went from busy, to possibly unemployed overnight. I'm not happy with oil prices. At all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM
Me. My husband and I both work in the oilfield. I've never had to worry about losing my job, but if prices keep dropping it could be a possibility.
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:42 PM
4 moms liked this
Well I sure am
MilkLover0203
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:44 PM
It's the cheapest per gallon I've seen in years, but we're expect to get as much as a $1.00 per gallon increase. I don't pay for gas, but it'll be very hard on the economy.
blinx
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband was an oilfield worker in Casper WY. He got laid-off and we had to move to another state. The most super happy about the gas prices, just wish jobs weren't in jeopardy!
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I am thrilled, DH does home visiting, so this is saving us $200 a month+  in gas!

Snowbunnies45
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM
I love being able,to pay 20 for a full tank of gas.

Thanks though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM
7 moms liked this
It's cute that you think that. They are fine. Do you think rig workers got paid MORE when gas prices rose? lol!!
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:45 PM
5 moms liked this

Every positive has a negative.  I'm sure not going to feel guilty about filling up my gas tank when it's sometimes less than 2$ a Gallon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)